Old January 31st 05, 01:31 AM
tianli

Degen radio's are crap: http://www.epochtimes.com/gb/4/11/19/n722529.htm

Old February 1st 05, 05:12 AM
Richard

Default Degen 1102

Hello, just wandering what you think of the Degen 1102? It seems they
are a great deal. What say? buzz
Old February 1st 05, 08:46 AM
Conan Ford

Richard wrote in :

Hello, just wandering what you think of the Degen 1102? It seems they
are a great deal. What say? buzz

It's not a bad tiny portable for receiving strong stations, but don't
expect great things with an external antenna. I found that with just a 20
foot wire that medium wave stations bleed into SW around 6000 khz.

SSB tuning is possible but not practical.

MW DX is okay but not great, but again, the radio is tiny.

Old February 1st 05, 09:20 AM
Sanjaya

"Richard" wrote in message ...
Hello, just wandering what you think of the Degen 1102? It seems they
are a great deal. What say? buzz

The DE1103 is better. Much better.

Old February 1st 05, 02:05 PM

The same sensitivity and selectivity as SW7600GR when use telescopic
antenn, but overload under outdoor antenna. the blue LCD backlight
seems less recognizable in dim circumstance

Old February 1st 05, 09:57 PM
snow

I highly recommend the Degen 1103. It is the best overall SW portable I
have used. Does about everything well.
Very sensitive off the whip. It takes rechargables, which is great. No
regrets buying it, and plan to keep it for many years.

Old February 5th 05, 10:45 PM
Sherman

I heard some good reviews on here from people, then I got one and it
stinks. I thought I got a bad one so I sent it to the manufacturer
(kaito usa) and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Enough
said.

Old February 6th 05, 02:06 AM
running dogg

Sherman wrote:

I heard some good reviews on here from people, then I got one and it
stinks. I thought I got a bad one so I sent it to the manufacturer
(kaito usa) and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Enough
said.

Ok, so it's not a Sony 7600. But it's a pretty good performer for $50
(the Degen version sold on ebay, Kaito charges twice that, which isn't
worth it). But conditions are so poor that my 1102 is pretty much
useless for the moment, just sitting on top of my Yaesu tabletop while I
try to hear BBC through all the QRN using LSB.