Old January 10th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default I hooked up my new Sangean HDR-1 last night

On 9 Jan 2007 12:07:33 -0800, "dead of night"
wrote:

Hi. If you have any questions about how this radio works, I will answer
them in this thread.

Does it have enough of a speaker system to do justice to the better
sound you should be getting?

bob
k5qwg
Old January 10th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Hi. If you have any questions about how this radio works, I will answer
them in this thread.

Does it have enough of a speaker system to do justice to the better
sound you should be getting?

bob
k5qwg

No it does not. However, the sound is good and I can get HD AM
without static.

Old January 10th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dead of night wrote:
wrote:
dead of night wrote:
wrote:
dead of night wrote:
Hi. If you have any questions about how this radio works, I will answer
them in this thread.

Not interested - buying an HD Radio, is just supporting the HD Radio
Cartel, which will destroy the broadcast bands with IBOC's
adjacent-channel interference hash ! HD Radio will die, from lack of
consumer interest, anyway. Good going !
I experience no adjacent channel interference, even with strong HD
bands right next to weaker, analogue bands. I don't know why you are
spreading this myth.

It happens on FM, and it is a well-know fact on AM, especially at
night, with sky-wave propagation Why, do you think, the FCC has not
authorized IBOC, at night ? Good old iBiquity, destroying the
broadcast bands ! But, there is little interest in HD Radio:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22hd...adio%22%2C+mp3

HD Radio is just a blip-on-the-screen ! Only, a few tens-of-thousands
receivers have been sold - there is no consumer interest, in this farse

Just a blip on the screen? I receive over 20 HD stations in my area
alone! Many of these stations simulcast more than one station. It is
a great pleasure owning a radio capable of picking up digital as well
as analogue signals.
!

A blip-on-the-screen, in terms of consumer interest - IBOC supporters,
keep touting how many stations are broadcasting in HD, although 1200,
out of 13500, is a small percentage (and, msot are owned by Clear
Channel, part of the HD Radio Cartel). There is one problem, however -
no one is listening !

Old January 10th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Guerite. wrote:
wrote

and it is a well-know fact on AM, especially at
night, with sky-wave propagation Why, do you think, the FCC has not
authorized IBOC, at night ?

You contradict yourself. Why am I not shocked.

Good old iBiquity, destroying the
broadcast bands !

and it does all that using only 1/100th the power levels of the ancient
analog carrier - AMAZING!

And, it causes all that adjacent-channel interference using only
1/100th the power levels of the analog carrier - AMAZING ! HD Radio
will fail, and the analog will be around forever !

Old January 10th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Guerite." wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Guerite. wrote:
wrote

and it is a well-know fact on AM, especially at
night, with sky-wave propagation Why, do you think, the FCC has

not
authorized IBOC, at night ?

You contradict yourself. Why am I not shocked.

Good old iBiquity, destroying the
broadcast bands !

and it does all that using only 1/100th the power levels of the

ancient
analog carrier - AMAZING!

And, it causes all that adjacent-channel interference using only
1/100th the power levels of the analog carrier - AMAZING ! HD Radio
will fail, and the analog will be around forever !

HD radio is D-I-G-I-T-A-L - there is no adjacent-channel or any other

kind
of interference.

And you, señor, are more full of ca-ca than David Frackelton Gleason.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Uh, er, my, I feel so low. I have been insulted by Dear Leader.

But the truth will set you free: HD radio is D-I-G-I-T-A-L - there is no
adjacent-channel or any other kind of interference.
Unless you are trying to liten to it with an ancient analog radio -
bwahahaha. (watching dxAce putting a CD on his turntable with the speed set
for 45rpm - LOL)

Old January 11th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Guerite." wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Guerite." wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Guerite. wrote:
wrote

[...]

Your eyes are bad, boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 11th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Hi. If you have any questions about how this radio works, I will answer
them in this thread.

Does it have enough of a speaker system to do justice to the better
sound you should be getting?

bob
k5qwg

No it does not. However, the sound is good and I can get HD AM
without static.

I sounds like an HD tuner that you can plug into a good stereo system
would be a better deal, then.

bob
k5qwg
Old January 14th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Everything sounds as clear as a CD when your listening to HD.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Guerite." wrote in message

But the truth will set you free: HD radio is D-I-G-I-T-A-L - there is no
adjacent-channel or any other kind of interference.
Unless you are trying to liten to it with an ancient analog radio -
bwahahaha. (watching dxAce putting a CD on his turntable with the speed
set
for 45rpm - LOL)

This is a fallacy. IBOC DOES generate adjacent channel (and second

adjacent
channel, for that matter) interference. You may be thinking that it

doesn't
RECEIVE adjacent channel, but I'm sure that even under some conditions,

that
could also be the case, but it definately CAUSES interference to adjacent
and second adjacent analog signals, as has been demonstated in the field
many times now.

Old January 14th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

HD radio is so good that I don't want to listen to even the good
analogue stations anymore. I would compare it to the difference
between TV with rabbit ears and a cable TV signal.

Old January 14th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You don't need an HDTV to pick up HDTV from whichever local tv stations
in your area which are broadcasting in HD.You can pick them up over the
air with a regular tv antenna.
cuhulin

Sangean 404 S Walters Shortwave 12 May 15th 06 02:23 PM
Ending Sat Night - SANGEAN ATS-803A - Near Mint kk4tl Shortwave 0 September 3rd 05 11:57 AM
Rec.radio. cb version: Night Before Christmas Twistedhed CB 0 December 24th 04 04:12 PM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM