Old January 25th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default All About GMRS Radios, GMRS Repeaters, Etc

Have seen numerous posts about GMRS Repeaters and Radios.

Here is an excellent detailed description

http://www.provide.net/~prsg/wi-gmrs.htm

Should answer most questions on the subject, how repeaters work,
frequencies, GMRS range, etc

CL - I use Ham Radio

Old January 25th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 24, 8:18 pm, "Caveat Lector" wrote:
Have seen numerous posts about GMRS Repeaters and Radios.

Here is an excellent detailed description

http://www.provide.net/~prsg/wi-gmrs.htm

Should answer most questions on the subject, how repeaters work,
frequencies, GMRS range, etc

CL - I use Ham Radio

While I am a ham and hold an extra class linense, I have found FRS to
be very usefull when doing stuff with non
hams.

Several months ago I was helping a new SWL track down and resolve some
RF noise issues. FRS allowed us to
coordinate the hunt with out screaming our selves silly. CB, FRC, MURS
and even 11M CB all have thier place
in the grand scheme of ways to communicate.

I have found the garden variety Wally World FRS will reach at least 1/2
mile under almost all conditions.
Out in the open they will reach at least a mile under rural and maybe
3/4 of a mile, with luck in more urban
areas. The suburbs are greater then 3/4mile but less then a mile.

Terry