Old February 15th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Year of Pig signals serious conflict

Year of Pig signals conflicts before new world order: soothsayers

The world can expect a roller-coaster ride of conflict and unrest, natural
disasters and a plunge in global stock markets once the Year of the Pig
begins, Chinese soothsayers say.
As the world farewells the Year of the Dog on Sunday, believers in Chinese
superstitions have been busy consulting fortune tellers, feng shui
geomancers and a wealth of new books for the year's fortunes.

Chinese fortunes are based on a belief that events are dictated by the
different balances in the elements that make up the earth -- gold, wood,
water, fire and earth.

Feng shui expert Raymond Lo said that according to ancient Chinese belief,
the Year of the Pig is symbolised by two elements -- fire sitting on top of
water.

"Fire sitting on water is a symbol of conflict and skirmish, and this may
bring a relatively less peaceful year with more international conflicts and
struggles," he said.

Lo said the last time such an arrangement appeared was in 2002, the year
that followed the September 11 terrorist attacks.

"It is anticipated that there will be more international conflicts and
disharmony, which will even lead to regional warfare, uprising and unrest,
or the overthrow of governments in certain countries," he said.

The elemental arrangement for 2007, with fire standing on top, could
represent openness, optimism and warmth, but it can also bring fire
disasters and huge explosions, Lo said.

The Chinese calendar moves in 60-year cycles, meaning the world will
experience in the new year events similar to those that took place in 1947.

In that turbulent year, the Cold War began in earnest when then US president
Truman declared his anti-communist doctrine and the Soviet Union rejected a
US plan for atomic weapons control, sparking the nuclear arms race.

That year saw the same elemental arrangement with yin fire dominant in the
Year of the Pig.

"So it will not be surprising that there will be more gun battles, murder
with guns, bombing attacks in the year 2007," Lo added.

The lunar calendar is based on the cycles of the moon and associates each of
the 12 years forming a partial cycle with an animal. The pig is the last in
the zodiac sequence that begins with the rat, followed by the ox, tiger,
rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster and dog.

Fortune-tellers base their predictions on the relationship between the
zodiac animals and the characteristics of each animal year.

They also take into account the changing balance over the years in the five
spiritual elements that Chinese philosophy believes form the core of the
universe -- gold, wood, water, fire and earth.

Feng shui expert Lee Sing-tong predicts serious conflict in the Middle East
this coming year.

"Religious wars will turn intense. There will be large-scale warfare or
explosions," said Lee, a third-generation feng shui master.

He also expects serious diplomatic conflicts in the East, for instance
between China and Japan, and says the problem will be most acute until May
5.

Fortune teller Alion Yeo, who predicted nuclear testing in North Korea last
year, said there is a chance that the power of Pyongyang's leader, Kim
Jong-il, will weaken.

"This will most likely happen between June and July. I can see their leader
is in bad luck during the period. This means something will be changed:
someone might replace him or he might fall ill," Yeo said.

"There might be a chance that he would leave his position or hand over his
duty to someone else," he added.

The Year of the Pig will largely be a smooth one for the United States,
although Yeo predicts an interest rate hike in the third quarter and a big
accident between June and July.

"It could be a big fire or an explosion. It would be something that draws
the world's attention and causes the stock market to fall," he said, adding
however that the market would quickly recover.

Yeo also predicts a strong earthquake, at least 7.0 on the Richter scale, in
a Japanese city between March and April. But the number of wounded would be
limited by the earthquake resistance of the country's architecture.

Although Yeo anticipates global unrest, he expects a mediator will come in
to balance the tense situation between conflicting countries.

"I don't think it will be that bad this year. Although there will be a lot
of unrest and disharmony, problems will be solved in the end," he said.

Lo agreed. The pig belongs to the water element and is the birth month of
wood. The pig symbolises the germination of plants and when new life is
born.

"The pig year can bring a new beginning of international relationships and
social orders, this could bring new regimes with new governments in some
countries," he said.

And Lee predicts the birth of someone of national importance to China.

He said this person will be born on June 30 between 5.00-6.59 am Hong Kong
time (21.00-22.59 GMT) somewhere in the east or south of the country.

"This date of birth is very rare. It only happens once every 60 years. It is
very difficult to see such a good fate," he said.

Lee said he did not publish this prediction in his latest feng shui book for
fear of inciting mothers to plan their pregnancies to occur at that time.

"I don't want to ruin the natural order. I don't want someone planning their
pregnancy artificially. Heaven might not allow it," he said.

"But this child would be a prodigy, very intelligent and talented. This
person would have the quality to become China's leader or a prime minister,"
he added.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/0....onjqts5b.html

Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre
quod credis.
http://www.FrontPageMag.com http://China-E-Lobby.blogspot.com
http://www.WhatTheWestNeedsToKnow.com http://www.ObsessionTheMovie.com

Old February 16th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Guerite³ wrote:
[...]

Article recently that tons of companies have stopped using any PIG image
in China out of respect of those of Islamic faith.............
Old February 16th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:08:44 +0000, Jim Douglas wrote:

Guerite³ wrote:

snip

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/0....onjqts5b.html

Article recently that tons of companies have stopped using any PIG image
in China out of respect of those of Islamic faith.............

Was it really necessary for you to quote that entire 127 lines just to
make a two line remark?

Bad form.
Old February 16th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Al Arduengo wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:08:44 +0000, Jim Douglas wrote:

Guerite³ wrote:

snip

Snip

Was it really necessary for you to quote that entire 127 lines just
to make a two line remark?

Bad form.

Depends on how you look at it. It's good form for a Troll. Put him in
the kill file.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 16th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

Guerite³ wrote:

snip

Snip

Was it really necessary for you to quote that entire 127 lines just
to make a two line remark?

Bad form.

Depends on how you look at it. It's good form for a Troll. Put him in
the kill file.

Dude, my bad, thought I had removed most of that! Kill file your mom bitch!

Old February 17th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Pork........the Other White Meat!

"Old Benny the SWL" wrote in message
oups.com...

Apparently some right wing yahoos celebrated the Year of The Pig
by leaving a severed pig's head on the front steps of a synagogue
in both Germany and Russia recently. How creative!

Old February 17th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The first original Pig Stand opened on Washington Ave in Houston,Texas
(not in Houston,Mississippi,but I wish) in 1921.J.G.Kirby figured people
are so lazy they don't even want to get out of their cars to eat.That
was the birthplace of the drive through window,in Houston,Texas.
I bet we have bigger pigs in Mississippi though.Oink Oink Oink.
cuhulin

Old February 18th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 6:00 pm, wrote:
The first original Pig Stand opened on Washington Ave in Houston,Texas
(not in Houston,Mississippi,but I wish) in 1921.J.G.Kirby figured people
are so lazy they don't even want to get out of their cars to eat.That
was the birthplace of the drive through window,in Houston,Texas.
I bet we have bigger pigs in Mississippi though.Oink Oink Oink.
cuhulin

Hey, thanks. That gives me an idea. I'm gonna find a nearby Mosque
and see if I can get a permit to sell hot dawgs outside from a little
cart.

regards,
NEO

Old February 18th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last year I read an article somewhere (I don't remember where) on the
internet about a guy who owns a pig farm near a mosque.I think it's in
Texas and those damn muslims over there don't like it at all.The guy and
his pig farm were there first.The way U.S.fed govt is sucking up to the
muslims (including all things evil) I wouldn't be supprised if they run
him off of his pig farm.I love Pigs,Pigs are much,much cleaner that
those nasty stinking muslims.
cuhulin

Old February 18th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In North Carolina there are a lot of wild Boars out there in the
woods.They have tusk on them too,sort of like little Elephants Tusk.They
are wild and mean.If you don't watch out,they will run you down and kill
you.
cuhulin