Old March 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WLW AM ranked #1

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 11:08?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

Today it was announced that WLW's morning personality, Gary Burbank, will
retire. Half the ratings on this station come from his show....- Hide
quoted text -

Just like, when they fired then replace Furman, they will find someone
else and remain #1 - WLW AM has been around for decades, and to your
shagrin(sic), isn't going anywhere.

Like all AM news / talk stations, its audience is getting older. At some
time, it will be predominantly over 55, and they will lose their revenue.

You are only looking at total audience, over age 12. Advertisers do not look
at that figure... they look at mostly 18-34 and 25-54 ages, and never the
over 55 group. Ageing demos is what is moving news talk formats to FM.

Furman was a minor part of WLW. Over half the AQH listening of WLW is to
Burbank, and his loss is not easily "fixable" because he so overperforms the
station average. Once he is gone, many people will have no reason to go to
AM any more.

Old March 8th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...

I found your little Arbitron ratings:

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/home.htm

That is 12+ (all ages). Advertisers do not buy 12+, which is why Arbitron
gives the data away. Stations pay hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to
get the specific age groups, because advertisers want 25-54 and its subsets,
not the 55+ AM gets.

No stations are ranked even close to WLW AM

In 25-54, there is a virtual three way tie for first. Half the WLW audience
is over 55, and useless for sales. And, aside from WLW, there is no other AM
station in the top 15 in Cincy.

- funny, I checked New
York, for example, and there are a bunch of AMs in the top rankings
ahead of FMs.

In 25-54, there is no AM station until you get to #15. The first 14 stations
are all FM. While the #1 station has over a 7 share of listening, the
highest rated AM has just a 2 share.

As usual, you are full-of-**** - be AMs naysayer so this
wonderful, destructive HD-AM can save the AM band. You are simply a
****ing IBOC shill.

Your argument just turned and bit you. My whole point is that AM is becoming
a band only for old people, one that advertisers have no interest in. You
tried to prove something with figures that are meaningless, 12+ ratings. And
the fact is, advertising is not sold on 12+, it is sold on 18-34 and 25-54
adult demos. AM is dying because the listeners are too old and advertisers
can not reach their most desirable consumers on AM.

Old March 8th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Whatever radio station one likes the Best,is the Best.I don't need (nor
want) any stinking ''rankins'' to tell me which is the ''Best''
www.krud.com
cuhulin

Old March 8th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 8, 12:51�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

AM will be around, until after we are gone.

Old March 8th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 11:20 am, wrote:
"Stars line up for 'Simpsons'"

"Radio ratings: Clear Channel's WLW-AM (700) was the big winner in
spring quarter Arbitron ratings, taking first place with all adults in
morning, midday, afternoon and evening ratings."

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...ne_up_for.html

"50,000-Watt AM stations"

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

I promise all of you, that when I can no longer AM DX any stations
from Maryland, including to Canada, I will wash David Eduardo's feet.

Jeez christ, you still believe in the Arbitron Rating system? Yeah,
and the ****ing tooth fairy will leave you a big present under your
pillow tonight. My dog will leave a big gift in your yard as well.

Old March 8th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...

Your argument just turned and bit you. My whole point is that AM is
becoming
a band only for old people, one that advertisers have no interest in. You
tried to prove something with figures that are meaningless, 12+ ratings.
And
the fact is, advertising is not sold on 12+, it is sold on 18-34 and 25-54
adult demos. AM is dying because the listeners are too old and advertisers
can not reach their most desirable consumers on AM.

AM will be around, until after we are gone.

At the present rate, all AMs in a few years will be religious or niche
ethnic focused, once news-talk moves to FM. Sure, there will be AM stations,
but with nearly no listening and serving very tiny constituencies.

Old March 8th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SCREW! wlw! Dale Sommers ****ed me off! about N'Awlins,that fat ugly
Whoar.I Never tune in wlw SUCKS! anymore!
cuhulin

Old March 8th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Radiola" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 7, 11:20 am, wrote:
"Stars line up for 'Simpsons'"

"Radio ratings: Clear Channel's WLW-AM (700) was the big winner in
spring quarter Arbitron ratings, taking first place with all adults in
morning, midday, afternoon and evening ratings."

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...ne_up_for.html

"50,000-Watt AM stations"

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

I promise all of you, that when I can no longer AM DX any stations
from Maryland, including to Canada, I will wash David Eduardo's feet.

Jeez christ, you still believe in the Arbitron Rating system? Yeah,
and the ****ing tooth fairy will leave you a big present under your
pillow tonight. My dog will leave a big gift in your yard as well.

America's advertisers and ad agencies use Arbitron daily to buy about $21
billion dollars worth of advertising a year on radio. They probably don't
care that you neither understand survey sampling nor believe in Arbitron.

Old March 8th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My little doggy,she likes them old Western movies on Radio tb.The
Westerner movie is on Radio tb now.wlw,Take a HIKE!
cuhulin
www.cattledog.com www.acdca.org anism

Old March 8th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radiola,you Dog can leave a ''gift'' in my Dog's yard anytime.
www.miss103.com www.us963.com
96.3 FM,Jacksonnnnnn,,,, where GOD isn't dead.
cuhulin,and Doggy,WOO WOO WOOF