Old March 7th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WLW AM ranked #1

"Stars line up for 'Simpsons'"

"Radio ratings: Clear Channel's WLW-AM (700) was the big winner in
spring quarter Arbitron ratings, taking first place with all adults in
morning, midday, afternoon and evening ratings."

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...ne_up_for.html

"50,000-Watt AM stations"

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

I promise all of you, that when I can no longer AM DX any stations
from Maryland, including to Canada, I will wash David Eduardo's feet.

Old March 7th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
"Stars line up for 'Simpsons'"

"Radio ratings: Clear Channel's WLW-AM (700) was the big winner in
spring quarter Arbitron ratings, taking first place with all adults in
morning, midday, afternoon and evening ratings."

And there is no other AM for the next 13 ranked positions in the market.

Old March 7th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

WLW is (no offense intended,WLW) ranked by me as possibly a few numbers
down the line,next to the Paul Gallo and Nellie Neal and JT and Dave
radio talk shows on 97.3 FM on www.supertalkms.com and WJNT 1180 AM
and KRLD Dallas and some stations in Shreveport and Fort Worth and
Louisiana and Alabama and Arkansas and Tennessee.I can think of some
others too.
y'all want to check out some Antiques in N'Awlins,the Big Easy?
Sure,y'all do. www.1stdibs.com

The high Mayorrrrrr of Jackson,Mississippi,Frank ''Atom Ant MORON''
Melton is coolin his heels in the Raymond Detention Center (Prison) rat
now,that's about six miles Southwest of doggy's couch.Doggy was born in
the City of Raymond,Mississippi.Frank ''atom Ant MORON'' Melton doesn't
get any bond out thingy either.I LOVE IT!!!! They should keep his
Crooked A.. in there Forever! www.clarinledger.com www.wapt.com
www.wjtv.com www.wlbt.com I hope it makes International News.
cuhulin

Old March 7th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 3:58?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

"Stars line up for 'Simpsons'"

"Radio ratings: Clear Channel's WLW-AM (700) was the big winner in
spring quarter Arbitron ratings, taking first place with all adults in
morning, midday, afternoon and evening ratings."

And there is no other AM for the next 13 ranked positions in the market.

Even your fellow IBOC shills know AM-HD is dead - From Mike Walker
avsforum today:

"rwagoner we probably won't get to know. The AM System ain't exactly
setting the world on fire because you can't use it at night, and it
causes massive adjacent channel interference. Add to that the fact
that it reduced audio quality for 100 percent of the CURRENT AM
audience, and why would we even consider this turkey? As for turning
off analog, why EXACTLY would you do that, when it's analog AM, the
oldest and most robust of mass electronic media, that EVERYONE can
receive, and that can be relied upon to be ON THE AIR, and offering
LIFE SAVING INFORMATION after a disaster? Do we really want to turn
off analog, and leave the poor, aged, and infirm who can't afford the
latest digital doo-dads, or maybe don't even know about them, with no
source of emergency information????? There is no higher calling (in
radio) than providing emergency information...to EVERYONE!"

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0ae& t=799117

AM-HD is dead - WLW AM is ranked #1 !

Old March 7th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Not long after Katrina,I emailed Dale Sommers.(he is retired now from
WLW) We emailed back and forth a few times.Dale Sommers said New Orleans
is a lost cause,something to that effect.I guess he doesn't realize how
important the Ports are in and around New Orleans are to America.I LOVE
NEW ORLEANS.
cuhulin

Old March 7th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...

Even your fellow IBOC shills know AM-HD is dead - From Mike Walker
avsforum today:

The viable stations in the top markets are almost all using HD on AM. The
others don't matter.

"rwagoner we probably won't get to know. The AM System ain't exactly
setting the world on fire because you can't use it at night,

AM listening at night is insignificant, even lower than FM listening at
night. It does not matter...

and it
causes massive adjacent channel interference.

.... to stations that are not being listened to anyway.

Add to that the fact
that it reduced audio quality for 100 percent of the CURRENT AM
audience,

Many engineers, including Bob Orban, have shown that most consumer radios
are down 10 db at 4 kHz, so reducing the bandwith makes most of these sound
BETTER.

and why would we even consider this turkey?

Because, below around age 45, AM is pretty much dead, and above age 55, it
is not salable.

As for turning
off analog, why EXACTLY would you do that, when it's analog AM, the
oldest and most robust of mass electronic media, that EVERYONE can
receive, and that can be relied upon to be ON THE AIR, and offering
LIFE SAVING INFORMATION after a disaster?

Actually, today, FMs are less vulnerable to disasters than AMs

HD is analog / digital compatible, just like FM analog stereo. There are no
immediate plans to go all digital. It is not DRM. In fact, I have never
heard any broadcaster even discuss truning off analog.

Do we really want to turn
off analog, and leave the poor, aged, and infirm who can't afford the
latest digital doo-dads, or maybe don't even know about them, with no
source of emergency information????? There is no higher calling (in
radio) than providing emergency information...to EVERYONE!"

Again, this is not part of future planning at the station level.

Old March 7th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

WLW comes in loud and clear in Columbus. They're on HD too, one of the
three HD stations you can get with the supplied indoor HD antenna.

I never listen to WLW, however. It seems to be aimed at some other
demographic.

The other two being whatever they're calling 1230 now. Used to be
WCOL ; and WOSU 820. The latter stays on HD well after dark, I'm not
sure how they justify that.

You can pick up WJR 760 Detroit HD with an outdoor antenna.

You can hear other HD hiss but not pick up whatever is causing it in HD.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 7th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My ratins/rankins/standards are my own Opinion.WLW is ok,but not top
notch in my Book.Too bad you don't understood us Mississippi Coon
Asses.We leave y'all sittin at the Post!
Ain't GOD Good! ~ Jerry Clower.
cuhulin
.................................................. .............
Don't try your Bitch crap with me,it Won't work! I have to watch
Sabrina,the teenage Witch (B..ch) on Radio tb now.
.................................................. .............

Old March 7th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I can't even pick up WLW in the daytime on my raggity old Radios,and I
am Glad.I Quit listening to WLW night times (doggy,move your left right
front foot out of my ass!) ever since Dale ''Whoar'' Sommers ****ed me
off.
cuhulin

Old March 7th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

[...]

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0249b0f3d4410d...

AM-HD is dead - WLW AM is ranked #1 !