Old March 8th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WLW AM ranked #1

Me and doggy, (well,she is sleeping on her couch with her front legs
stuck straight up in the air) have to watch The Quiet Man movie on
Mississippi Radio tb now.
cuhulin

Old March 8th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 8, 3:47?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

It's not about them going dark. It is about them becoming irrelevant due
the age of the listeners, the move of news talk to FM, and the change of
mmost AMs to niche programming that is religious or narrow ethnic in
nature.- Hide quoted text -

WHO-AM News Talk Information 9.7 7.2 9.9 10.6
WLW-AM News Talk Information 8.9 9.9 11.2 9.8
WSB-AM News Talk Information 9.3 8.7 9.2 8.2
WGN-AM News Talk Information 5.3 5.5 5.8 5.4
WBBM-AM All News 4.2 4.1 4.4 4.6
WLS-AM News Talk Information 4.1 3.7 3.7 3.8
WTAM-AM News Talk Information 7.3 8.0 6.5 7.3
WJR-AM News Talk Information 4.8 4.9 5.3 5.3
KMOX-AM News Talk Information 8.4 7.7 8.2 8.4
KSL-AM News Talk Information 5.9 6.7 8.6 7.7

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/home.htm

With all these AMs doing so well, and others, news/talk/sports will
not be moved off, if ever, until the baby-boomers die off, then it
won't matter - again, when this happens, I'll let you know.

Again: those are 12+ numbers, not the sales demos of 25-54. Each of them
does significantly worse in 25-54.

For example, WGN is not even in the top 20 in Chicago in 25-54 in the latest
ratings. This is why its revenues have dropped so severely.

And in most markets, only one or two AMs are in the top 20 in the sales
demos vs. 18 or 19 FMs.

Most major AMs are considering a transition to FM to "get back" the 35-54
numbers they need to be able to sell, or they will become all over-55 soon,
and cease to be profitable. Companies like Bonneville, Clear Channel, Cox
and others are already moving news/talk formats to FM. Others will follow.

It's not about 12+ ratings... it is about the ability to convert ratings to
revenue because news/talk is a very expensive format and revenue is
declining because so much of the audience is over 55. There is no money in
55+... in larger markets, advertisers will not buy 55+.

Old March 8th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 8, 5:39�pm, dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message
SCREW!!!!!!!! wlw!!!!!! I HOPE THEY GO BELLY UP!!!!!! THEY DESERVE
IT!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Must be a bad hair day in Mississipee.

This: *http://www.davidgleason.com/1998_Radio_Ink.htm*is a bad hair day.

And, this is your typical day, glued to your computer:

http://www.bobbyworks.com/images/fat...20computer.jpg

Where's your bedpan ?

Old March 8th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Old March 8th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Not really. It's called "experience." And success. Being the only radio
company to get an "A" grade on ratings performance for the Fall Arbitron
sweeps in the Lehman Brothers quarterly report would indicate we do what we
do pretty well. This is the second "A" in a row; we have a series of A-
before that.

Old March 8th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Not really. It's called "experience." And success. Being the only radio
company to get an "A" grade on ratings performance for the Fall Arbitron
sweeps in the Lehman Brothers quarterly report would indicate we do what we
do pretty well. This is the second "A" in a row; we have a series of A-
before that.

I think they're keeping you on for your ability to shill for HD/IBOC.

Old March 8th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Put me on the radio and no programer is needed.All of my stuff is ad
lib.I can out do those weenies anytime.
cuhulin

Old March 8th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Not really. It's called "experience." And success. Being the only radio
company to get an "A" grade on ratings performance for the Fall Arbitron
sweeps in the Lehman Brothers quarterly report would indicate we do what
we
do pretty well. This is the second "A" in a row; we have a series of A-
before that.

I think they're keeping you on for your ability to shill for HD/IBOC.

We have already converted our top 50 markets to HD. The promotion we are
doing is on air and in-store, and is going quite well, especially for our
all-tejano format in the Texas markets.

Old March 9th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Not really. It's called "experience." And success. Being the only radio
company to get an "A" grade on ratings performance for the Fall Arbitron
sweeps in the Lehman Brothers quarterly report would indicate we do what
we
do pretty well. This is the second "A" in a row; we have a series of A-
before that.

I think they're keeping you on for your ability to shill for HD/IBOC.

We have already converted our top 50 markets to HD. The promotion we are
doing is on air and in-store, and is going quite well, especially for our
all-tejano format in the Texas markets.

The info-mercial plays on, and on, and on, and on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 9th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 8, 7:24�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Makes one wonder why station owners would buy a 60+ programmer.

Not really. It's called "experience." *And success. Being the only radio
company to get an "A" grade on ratings performance for the Fall Arbitron
sweeps in the Lehman Brothers quarterly report would indicate we do what
we
do pretty well. This is the second "A" in a row; we have a series of A-
before that.

I think they're keeping you on for your ability to shill for HD/IBOC.

We have already converted our top 50 markets to HD. The promotion we are
doing is on air and in-store, and is going quite well, especially for our
all-tejano format in the Texas markets.- Hide quoted text -