Old April 8th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Rescue comms on 5717 khz

On Apr 8, 5:57 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

I've Halifax in here good on 5717. Not sure who was on there so weak earlier.

Heard Halifax military giving data about weather / sea conditions at
destination to Rescue 320, and while 320 is audible now I'm still not
able to copy. Halifax Military also having trouble copying 320.- Hide quoted text -

If anyone's curious about how things sound on my end, you can go here
for a sound bite:

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm...=695895286.wav

It's about a 3.3MB download, so it'll take a minute on a good
connection.

I'm guessing that the reference to St. Anthony that you hear in this
audio clip is a reference to that town of that name in Newfoundland:

http://www.town.stanthony.nf.ca/index2.htm

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Halifax Military to Rescue 320: "Upon completion of the search area,
if visibility has not improved, then you are released from task and
can proceed for fuel."

Old April 9th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
[...]

snip

Sounds pretty good except for a motorboat sound. Was that from the radio
to computer connection? What radio did you use?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 9th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 9, 12:44 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

"Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
[...]

Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

I was using the TenTec RX-320D because the software makes it so easy
to record audio. The motorboat sound appears when I begin processing
the audio through my computer soundcard, which I have to do if I want
to use any sort of DSP filtering. The sound is only temporary, though,
and disappears after a minute or two. Not exactly sure what causes it,
but several people have told me that it happens with some soundcards
and not with others.

Steve

Old April 10th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

On Apr 9, 12:44 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

"Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve"
wrote:
[...]

You got that Ten-Tec connected to the amplified loop right?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 10th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 9, 9:58 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

"Steve" wrote:
On Apr 9, 12:44 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,

"Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve"
wrote:
[...]

That's right. They seem to work pretty well together.

Steve

Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb Steve Shortwave 2 March 30th 07 09:35 PM
rescue comms on 5717 Steve Shortwave 1 July 20th 06 01:33 AM
rescue comms on 5717 khz Steve Shortwave 5 July 16th 06 02:01 AM
SAR comms on 5717 khz [email protected] Shortwave 0 July 21st 05 09:33 PM
SAR comms heard on 5717 [email protected] Shortwave 11 June 28th 05 01:55 PM