Old July 15th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default rescue comms on 5717 khz

First heard them about ten minutes ago. They're intermittent.

Old July 15th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

First heard them about ten minutes ago. They're intermittent.

Canucks. I hear Rescue 313 talking to Halifax.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 15th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:

First heard them about ten minutes ago. They're intermittent.

Canucks. I hear Rescue 313 talking to Halifax.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yep, I heard someone (Rescue 313, I believe) say they were returning to
Yarmouth.

Steve

Old July 15th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:

First heard them about ten minutes ago. They're intermittent.

Canucks. I hear Rescue 313 talking to Halifax.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yep, I heard someone (Rescue 313, I believe) say they were returning to
Yarmouth.

You might want to try 5681 for "Plymouth Rescue" out of Plymouth, England. I
haven't parked on that frequency for some years but I imagine it may still be in
use.

5695 is supposedly a secondary freq, shared with "Edinburgh Rescue" which may
also use 5681 as a primary.

Someone from the other side of the pond may have some info that may be more up
to date

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 16th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:

First heard them about ten minutes ago. They're intermittent.

Canucks. I hear Rescue 313 talking to Halifax.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yep, I heard someone (Rescue 313, I believe) say they were returning to
Yarmouth.

You might want to try 5681 for "Plymouth Rescue" out of Plymouth, England. I
haven't parked on that frequency for some years but I imagine it may still be in
use.

I just did a Google and found this on "Plymouth Rescue", which has apparently been
closed. Alo indicates that the frequency that may now be in use is 5680 vs. 5681. I
seem to recall some slight frequency shifts a number of year ago.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/beaconworld/plymouth.htm

Old July 16th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:

[...]

Thanks for this info. I'll have to keep an ear on these frequencies and
see what pops up.

Steve