Old April 12th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Imus Update

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

On Apr 11, 11:07 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

t...

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
This whole uproar is over a racial slur made by a man affected by
hubris. Times have changed and this sort of thing is no longer
acceptable in US society,

It drives the biggest morning show in LA. on KFI.

KFI is NOT the "biggest morning show in LA."

Verifying data, KFI has not been #1 in the morning (6 AM to 9 AM) in any
ratings book in the last two years... 2005 and 2006.

It's amusing how you cite ratings when convenient, but reject them when you
can not defend your personal agenda.

What? You sound unhappy David and far from amused. What's the matter?
Did baby go poopies?

Well, the BS that comes from him has to go somewhere.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 12th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

oups.com...

"Telamon" wrote in message
This whole uproar is over a racial slur made by a man affected by
hubris. Times have changed and this sort of thing is no longer
acceptable in US society,

It drives the biggest morning show in LA. on KFI.

KFI is NOT the "biggest morning show in LA."

Verifying data, KFI has not been #1 in the morning (6 AM to 9 AM) in any
ratings book in the last two years... 2005 and 2006.

It's amusing how you cite ratings when convenient, but reject them when
you
can not defend your personal agenda.

What? You sound unhappy David and far from amused. What's the matter?
Did baby go poopies?

No, it's simply a commentary on Tellie's double standard. When I cite facts,
he calls them lies... when he makes a whopper of a lie, it is ok.

Old April 12th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

[...]

You might start by rectifying the lie about KFI.

Old April 12th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article . com,
There may be limits to free speech.

Not here.

--

There have always been limits to free speech, even in the US. Most often
these have been limits on the rights of people that the majority find

I don't think that's what he meant. He meant hate speech or speech that
you don't agree with.

You just can't use curse words. You can use racial slurs, disgusting
descriptions of people as long as you don't use curse words. You can
offer crass and baseless opinions.

We have very loose limits on what can be said such as a short list of
words, saying you want to kill someone or inciting the overthrow of the
government is about it.

The limits he described go far beyond those limitations and he gave
examples of restrictions in Canada and other nations that will not
happen here.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 12th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 11, 9:40 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
[...]

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""

The main limit to free speech is the consequences. You may have the
legal right under the constitution to free speech, but you may lose
your job, lose your business, or be listed as a possible threat by
Homeland Security and denied the right to fly.

Old April 12th 07, 08:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

oups.com...

"Telamon" wrote in message
This whole uproar is over a racial slur made by a man affected by
hubris. Times have changed and this sort of thing is no longer
acceptable in US society,

It drives the biggest morning show in LA. on KFI.

KFI is NOT the "biggest morning show in LA."

Verifying data, KFI has not been #1 in the morning (6 AM to 9 AM) in any
ratings book in the last two years... 2005 and 2006.

It's amusing how you cite ratings when convenient, but reject them when
you
can not defend your personal agenda.

What? You sound unhappy David and far from amused. What's the matter?
Did baby go poopies?

No, it's simply a commentary on Tellie's double standard. When I cite facts,
he calls them lies... when he makes a whopper of a lie, it is ok.

Damn! Mr. Pathological, you are funny!

Old April 12th 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 11, 9:35 pm, "ve3..." wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:40 pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
[...]

Homeland Security and denied the right to fly.- Hide quoted text -

VE3 - Say the Wrong Thing 'Up-In' Somebody's Face
-and- You Could Lose Your Teeth \uuu*uu/ ~ RHF
Old April 13th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

The only thing that I've ever really heard coming from Sharpton's mouth is
black and white. Our side against their side. I think the first thing this
guy does in the morning when he gets up is to draw a line down the middle of
the world, their side and not their side.
Give us all a break
"ve3..." wrote in message
ups.com...
I watched Imus this morning until 8:00 and he was quite rattled at
times. He apologised profusely for his comments about the Rutgers team
and indicated that his show would be more politically correct for the
"next 4 or 5 years".
He had spent much of the weekend consulting with Al Sharpton and
the head of the First Baptist Church and they both agreed that he was
fundamentally a "good person" who made a "stupid mistake" but they
both felt he should resign anyway.
His guests were supportive and I think the New York Times article
He said he would be on Al Sharpton's radio program and network at
1 pm eastern time today. For those not near a station, Sharpton can
be heard at sharptalk.net.
Al Sharpton was booked on Tuesday's show.
The story is still unfolding but if Imus survives, it will be with
a much tamer show. I think another pressure comes from the lawyers.
Imus may be afraid of having the pants sued off him. Stay tuned.

Old April 13th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

For the record, Imus was fired from CBS on Thursday. He attended a
private meetitng with the basketball team held at the NJ governor's
mansion.

Old April 13th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ve3..." wrote in message
oups.com...
For the record, Imus was fired from CBS on Thursday. He attended a
private meetitng with the basketball team held at the NJ governor's
mansion.

I heard the Gov was in a car crash, in critical.