Old April 9th 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.sounds.radio.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Don Imus to Announce Retirement MSNBC drops Imus

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 06:42:16 -0700, wrote:

Radio Shock jock Don Imus will be announcing his retirement from his show
Monday. His three hour TV show with MSNBC will not be aired again. Don Imus is
66 years old.

Is there any verification of this? Or is it wishful thinking on the
part of those who want it? I don't see it on the MSNBC Imus website
where they have a bit of his apology or on WFAN's Imus website. When I
Google Imus on news.google.com I get people CALLING for his ouster,
one from CNN one hour ago. I note that CNN competes with MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036713/
http://www.wfan.com/pages/123165.php

What about the audio portion which is syndicated as a radio show out
of CBS' WFAN in NYC.

(Mr. Imus' association with WFAN goes back to when it was WNBC, the
flagship station of the now defunct NBC radio network. Some months
ago, Imus moved his show from the WFAN in the Kaufman-Astoria Movie
Studio in Astoria, Queens, to MSNBC's facilities in Secaucus, NJ.)