Old April 11th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Thought you might like this

I saw this on another e-group, and couldn't stop laughing. It sure reminds
me of threads I've seen elsewhere.

Bruce

This is just waaay to close to the truth---which is what makes it so
amusing!! From the broadcast engineering listserv---
BC

How many List members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light
bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about
light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't
the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal
attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old April 11th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:
[...]

Thanks
Ken I.

Now I guess I should change that bulb now.

JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW Sold CB 2 October 28th 04 01:16 PM
And You Thought You'd Seen It All David Stinson Boatanchors 2 May 19th 04 12:12 AM
If I thought Maximus Shortwave 3 April 14th 04 04:42 AM
I Thought I had 'em... Radioman CB 1 December 26th 03 01:55 AM
New Thought... ergo Swap 6 December 23rd 03 02:47 AM