Old April 21st 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Fishing Boats Caught in Ice Pack and Climate Change

In article ,
David wrote:

On 20 Apr 2007 08:26:43 -0700, "ve3..." wrote:

Material herein could lead to cognitive dissonance.

Indeed...

http://www.realclimate.org/

Anyone with even half a brain understands that mans contribution to
various gas balance in the atmosphere is a drop in the bucket compared
to natural processes that control it.

We do not control the atmospheric gas balance or temperature globally.
We do control it locally such as creating heat islands around cities for
example but the over all climate picture is not determined by mans
activity.

There are many temperature cycles that can be seen over time. We may be
at the end of a 20 year or middle of a 40 year warming trend. The
average temperature may start to decline now or may increase another
0.6 degC yet then decline.

Nobody knows what will happen yet because we do not have reliable
temperature data beyond 150 years and global climate models are a joke
so speculate all you want about what the future holds.

Inconveniently, the single biggest individual energy user and propaganda
provider in the USA is Al Gore.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 21st 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : M II - It Ain't Nice - It's Hell - It's Called War

"Cato" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 21, 6:44 am, "Brian O" wrote:
"Cato" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 19, 7:36 pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 19, 7:14 pm, m II wrote:

RHF wrote:
Roadie - Killing to Eat and Live is One Thing.

Killing for a Baby Seal's Pure White Fur
to make Fur Coats is another.

hopefully you can understand the difference ~ RHF

So...do the occupiers in Iraq actually EAT the dead or just use

the
skins?

mike

M II - There You Go Again ! ! !
Thinking Like a Can-A-Duh-Ian

"Killing to Eat and Live is One Thing"

In Iraq our good American Soldiers are
Killing the Enemy - To Stay Alive [.]

Hopefully You Do Not Consider the Canadain Troops
now in Afghanistan as Killers ? ?

?http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20050804/afghanis...
Prime Minister Stephen Harper reaffirmed his government's commitment
to Canadian troops serving in

Afghanistan.http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/0...ghanistan06031
3.html

Mike - Take a Deep Breath and Focus
Keep Telling Yourself : I Am a Canadian !
I Love Canada ! - I Am Proud To Be a Canadian !
God {Allah} Bless Canada and All Canadians !

it ain't nice - it's hell - it's called war ~ RHF
and the reality of war often it comes down to
a moment-in-time {instant} where you must
decide to : kill-or-be-killed [.]
.
.
. .

Hell, I'm a dumbass canuck too. So our Canadian boys are over in
Afghanistan fighting Taliban and Al Queda sickos, and doing a fine
job, and helping build schools and hospitals, and handing out radios
and candies, but they keep getting blown up by I.E.D's and asshole
suicide bombers. How the hell do you fight that? The Yanks and the
Brits are having all kinds of trouble with these I.E.D.s and suicide
assholes as well in Iraq. It's one thing to get into a hell of a
firefight, O.K., it's war, but it's another thing when you don't see
what's coming with I.E.D.s and suicide assholes. My oldest boy might
be going over with the "Lincs & Winks" and my second oldest is
thinking of signing up. What the .......!!!!!
Cato

Woud you rather he go fight, or just sit back and wait till they come to
your house to kill you all??

I have nothing against my boys serving their country, and fighting
against evil. Canada did it's part in WW I & WW II, the Boer War,
Korea, (Yep, we were fighting there too.) the Balkan's, Cyprus in the
60's. (O.K., we stayed out of 'Nam and Iraq, Our government decided to
stay out of those two conflicts.) And my family has been there going
all the way back to 1812, and the American Revolution, and the French
& Indian War. (Sorry, half our family was for the Patriots, half for
King George, in the Rev War. It split the family. Tha'ts why I'm a
"dumbass canuck", our half of the family came to Canada after the Rev
War, the half that supported the Patriots still live in the States.
They are the American part of the family.)
Hell, ya, I know it's war, Ya, I'll let them go if their hearts
are set on it, But do you see something wrong with my hating I.E.D.s &
suicide bombers??? That way of fighting, I.E.D.s and suicide bombers,
****es me off. Ya it's reality, ya it's the way these Taliban and Al
Qaeda assholes fight us. You don't get a chance to shoot back. You
don't get a chance to see your enemy and fight back. You're just dead.
Blown to bits. One moment your driving along with your buddies, then
it's all over. And a lot of innocent men, women and children, often
get killed as well. Being a fighting man, and fighting other men is
one thing. Seeing innocent men, women and especially little kids
getting blown up by these Taliban, Al Qaeda assholes is sick. We've
got to erase these killers from the face of the earth. We have to be
there, I agree.
Ya, that's one of the reasons why we have to go and kill these
assholes. And 9/11 of course. Nobody will ever forget that black day.
I agree. But I still hate those god damn I.E.D.s, and asshole suicide
bombers.
So what the ****s wrong with my hating I.E.D.'s and asshole
suicide bombers when ther're killing our boys and innocent
people????????? Don't tell me that they don't bother you!!!
Cato

Yeah, its cowardly. But that's the enemy we face. They are too cowardly to
get a regular army and fight. But, as the US learned with Vietnam, there
are ways to deal with gorillas. Time is the only way to get to them. It
eventually pays off. When they get tired of the killing before we do, then
they will stop. Therefore, we HAVE to persevere, we CANNOT stop taking the
war to them. And that is what we are doing in Iraq. Troops there are going
house to house, every day, putting their lives on the line, to get these
cowards. That's something the news doesn't tell you. They want you to
think they are just standing around over there while a car bomber just
drives up and blows them all up. That isn't what's happening. There is
STILL a LOT of fighting going on over there. That is exactly why the surge
in the amount of troops is quelling the attacks for the most part. They NOW
have enough to KEEP troops in place rather than just chase the cowards from
house to house and back to the one they were in before. Time is the
secret. That's why President Bush said this would be a LONG war. But the
liberals in the US keep living in this fantasy utopia in which they think
these cowards will be negotiated with. The people of the US need to stand
with the President and have the guts to keep fighting, even if it means loss
of life, or property on their part. They did that in WWII, they DIDNT do it
with Vietnam, and they aren't doing it now. Why? Because Americans these
days are selfish self centered dishonest lovers of themselves. When a
country gets away from caring about its country and its people, and begin to
sink into self-serving anarchy, then what is happening in the US is what
will happen anywhere. Until that changes, countries will fall from within,
and if the US continues down the path of trying to live in its fantasy
utopia, it will fall, hard.

Old April 21st 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Global Warming / Hundreds of Fishing Boats . .

On Apr 20, 8:02 am, RHF wrote:
On Apr 20, 4:00 am, wrote:

--

Did you know that every glacier in North America is advancing? T

- Wrong . . .

http://www.nichols.edu/departments/g...er_retreat.htm

If you read and understand the whole thing.

Glaciers Grow and Srink over time.

Shrink ?

From 1550 to 1850 on average the World Glaciers Grew.

Link ??

S N I P

- Where is a link supporting this, and other statement??

- - - Where was Al Gore to tell us about "We're Having A Heat Wave
Again !"

Go Rent " An Inconvenient truth"

- really, it's a good film . . .

Be Brave....

Listening to LOTS of traffic on 11.175 . . .

Old April 21st 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Global Warming / Crichton " State of Fear"

On Apr 19, 9:55 pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 19, 7:47 am, Ian Jackson

wrote:
In message .com,
ve3... writes

A CBC News report at 10 pm stated that hundreds of fishing boats and a
Coast Guard vessel were caught in a giant pack ice field off the east
cost of Newfoundland. Although most marine communication is VHF ,
there may be some HF communications going on. I am out of range, but
maybe some closer could have a listen to Coast Guard and fish boat
frequencies.

Is this further evidence of global warming?
Ian.
--

Send in Al Gore with his Magical Mystery Tour and
Bring Forth "Gobal Warming" to Melt them Free ~ RHF

http://www.environmentaldefense.org/...contentid=4371

State of Fear: Even if warming is occurring, there is little evidence
of human causality.

The facts: Attribution of global warming to a specific cause or causes
is admittedly difficult, but a variety of independent lines of
investigation all point to human emissions of CO2 and other GHGs as a
major culprit:

No one has been able to put forward a self-consistent and quantitative
explanation for the warming in the latter half of the 20th century
without invoking the effects of the GHG from human activities;
The "smoking gun" pointing to industrial emissions as the culprit in
global warming has been identified in the spatial and temporal
worldwide patterns of warming in the atmosphere and oceans; and
Global temperatures in the last few decades appear to be warmer than
in any other time period over the past 2,000 years.
State of Fear: Predictions of global warming are based on climate-
model calculations that cannot be relied upon; results from different
models disagree by more than 400%.

The facts: Highly advanced climate models have been thoroughly and
carefully vetted by the scientific community. It is true that these
models project a wide range in the warming of the globe by 2100 (i.e.,
from about 3 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit). Much of this range arises from
differing assumptions about economic, demographic and technological
trends that influence CO2 emissions, not in the models' simulation of
the effects of these emissions on climate. All of the models predict
that increasing CO2 emissions will lead to further warming of the
globe and that the more we emit CO2 in the future, the more the globe
will warm. This is actually good news because it suggests we can
actually do something about global warming; that is, cut emissions of
CO2 and other GHGs.

Old April 21st 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 21, 3:01 pm, wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:55 pm, RHF wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:47 am, Ian Jackson

wrote:
[...]

CO2 and other GHGs.- Hide quoted text -

Blaming humans is a scam. They just want to put more government
controls on everyone, since Communism and the Cold War didn't work.
We've gone from perhaps 313 parts per million CO2 in 1960 to perhaps
375 parts per million in 2005. That PARTS PER MILLION. That's almost
nothing. How about the times in the distant past when the earth didn't
have any polar caps at all? The climate will always change. It's
natural. How about The Medieval Warm Period that was even warmer then
out time. Or how about The Little Ice Age. Were we responsible for
those times too??? We didn't suffer disaster during those times, did
we???
What about Mars polar caps shrinking. Are we causing that?
Apparently Pluto is warming up. And it isn't getting close to the Sun.
Some moons in the Solar System are warming up. And new storms on some
of the big gas giants are apparently due to temperature changes on
those planets. Maybe we have Solar System warming. Maybe it has
something to do with our orbital path around the sun gradually
changing, or the amount of tilt of our axis, or the precession of the
equinox, The precession of the equinox is a cycle of 25,765 years.
There are a lot of other things that can cause Global Warming or
cooling. How about changes in the energy output of the Sun. The Sun
has many more cycles then just the eleven years sun spot cycle. Some
of them lasting thousands of years, some of them hundreds of thousands
of years. How about the solar systems place in the Galaxy, Sometimes
we are in the thick part of a galactic arm. Sometimes in a thin part.
(Very dusty and gassy, or very little dust and gas. This can effect
the amount of both solar radiation and interstellar radiation. That
can effect the amount of cloud cover/ water vapor in the atmosphere.
Water vapor is much more of a greenhouse gas then CO2.)

Take a look at this film. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31355859226455

Cato

Old April 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 21, 6:55 pm, Cato wrote:

Cato

Dispelling Crichton's Myths

Here are just a few contentions that are made by Crichton's "climate
skeptic" hero in the book, together with what the scientific evidence
actually says.

State of Fear: Temperatures in some locations are actually cooling, so
how can the globe be warming?

The facts: True, temperatures are cooling -- in a few select locales.
Global warming refers to a warming of the average global temperature.
It does not preclude cooling in some locations. Indeed, if some
locations are cooling while the globe is warming on average, it
follows that there must be other areas that are warming even faster
than the global average. In fact, that is exactly what is happening in
the Arctic, where temperatures over the past few decades have risen
twice as fast as the global average, with potentially disastrous
environmental consequences (see our January 2005 Solutions
newsletter).

This is but one example of Crichton's selective use of data in his
book to advance a specious argument. The establishment of a global
trend requires that one consider a global database, not data from a
few select sites. As in the case of global temperatures, Crichton
uses selective and incomplete data to argue that glaciers are not
melting and that sea levels are not rising. The fact is that a careful
analysis of the complete global database firmly establishes that ice
over the land and sea is thinning and melting and that, on average,
sea levels are rising.

Old April 22nd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

[...]

So you're willing to bet your future and that of future generations on
the slight possibility that you're right. By the time we know for sure,
it would be too late to act. If it turns out you're right, we will still
have cleaned up the environment in an effort to stop global warming,
even if it doesn't happen. Either way we win.
Old April 22nd 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brian O" wrote in message

"Cato" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 21, 6:44 am, "Brian O" wrote:
"Cato" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 19, 7:36 pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 19, 7:14 pm, m II wrote:

RHF wrote:
[...]

I disagree about the enemy being cowards. When you have
a rifle, and the other guy has an armoured vehicle,
standing
up and facing him sounds very gung-ho but is in fact
damned foolhardy. Just like in a ball game, you go with
the
players and resources that you've got, until such time
as you
have the ones you need for a "stand-up" fight. GET
REAL.

miki.

Old April 22nd 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 21, 4:03 pm, Whatever wrote:
Telamon wrote:

[...]

even if it doesn't happen. Either way we win.- Hide quoted text -

Slight Possibility?? It's common sense. The earth's climate
is always changing. And we will adapt, as we have in the past. Do you
think that our climate should always be like the climate in the 1950's
or 60's and that it should be that way forever?? and that it was
always like that in the past?? Like I said, what about the Medieval
Warm Period when the world was warmer then now. Tell me what caused
that. Or the Little Ice Age from approx. the 1400's to the mid 19th
century. What caused that? How come back in the late sixties and
seventies they were trying to scare us with visions of Global Cooling
and another Ice Age???
Do you want to spend the Western World into the poor house for a
few ppm of CO2? Kyoto even lets China and India off the hook, and
allows us to continue CO2 production by purchasing credits. It will do
nothing, and cost untold Hundreds of Billions and Trillions of dollars
and destroy the economy of the western nations. And that is exactly
what some people want to see happen. They want to see the West go down
on it's knees. SOCIALISM WILL FINALLY BE TRIUMPHANT !!
By the way, ever hear of Ice Ages? Our caveman ancestors
survived the last ice age. And the polar bears survived the Medieval
Warm Period.
The climate will always change, get used to it.
Cato

Old April 22nd 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

[...]

You'll never convince them, Cato. It's their new religion.