Old May 22nd 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default stopRFI group

bill ) writes:
On May 21, 12:07 pm, Roadie wrote:

I think the clearinghouse approach is a good idea. In a perfect
world Yahoo would be free of spammers and trolls. Unfortunately the
real world is that an open Yahoo group can work only if the forum
leader patrols the posts constantly.

I would love to be abel to build a web page, but I simply don't have
the
skills to master HTML, and I preferr to spend my free time listening
my SW!

No, you've been mislaid by the concept that "it's too complicated".
I suspect that realistically you've never even looked at what's involved,
and have listened to others who say it's difficult.

This why we see the rise of commercial entities like yahoo and myspace
and all that branded nonsense, people who think things are beyond them so
they let commercial entities take over. The only reason yahoo "gives"
you anything is because you've let them take things in the first place.

You could learn to make a webpage in a day, not even that. But until
you actually want to explore the concept, you'll never see how easy
it is.

The issue is that your perception of the internet is something different
from what it used to be. You'd need to log in to get your internet
access, but after that much of everything was free to access. Having
to sign up with something, just because you think it's an easier way
to do things, is just more clutter to our lives, one more password
to remember.

Michael

What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Daniel Nordman Swap 9 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Slow Code General 2 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Slow Code Policy 2 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
New group Mama Bear General 1 March 27th 05 11:10 PM
Yahoo group to flame... keep the group clean please Legal Radio CB 4 April 7th 04 02:31 AM