Old May 22nd 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BIG 89 Rewind on WLS 890 Chicago!

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=408961&spid=

WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM on Monday, May 28th
(Memorial Day) for the BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS goes
retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The Rock
of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 22nd 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 21 May 2007 20:50:50 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=408961&spid=

WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM on Monday, May 28th
(Memorial Day) for the BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS goes
retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM -
Midnight on Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago
radio.

I hope they turn on the reverb like they use to use on the announcer's
mics back in the late 60's and 70's. It was the WLS sound!

Old May 22nd 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=408961&spid=

WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM on Monday, May 28th
(Memorial Day) for the BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS goes
retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The Rock
of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

I assume this is a takeoff on WABC's yearly rewound special.

See http://www.musicradio77.com (classic WABC tribute site)

Of ourse, another classic AM top 40 station, after a failed sports
talk format, is now broadcasting oldies 365/24 - 1050chum.com.

Old May 22nd 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

So. are we going to get to hear John "records" Landecker, Larry
Lujack, Fred Winston?? And will Brandt Miller take time off from
weather over at NBC to do a gig for LS again. Funny -- I can still
remember their line up -- but I'm missing one other jock, I think he
did mid-day early afternoon?? Does anyone remember the line up from
the 70's??

Old May 23rd 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 23 May 2007 15:47:23 -0400, Tommy Tootles

So. are we going to get to hear John "records" Landecker, Larry
Lujack, Fred Winston?? And will Brandt Miller take time off from
weather over at NBC to do a gig for LS again. Funny -- I can still
remember their line up -- but I'm missing one other jock, I think he
did mid-day early afternoon?? Does anyone remember the line up from
the 70's??

...or does anybody remember Dick Biondi? The (maybe apocryphal) story
that he got fired from WLS for saying "If women's skirts get any
shorter, they'll have one more place to shave and two more cheeks to
powder".

No
__________________________________________________ __

For the folks that get confused when I post from different computers:

KE4ODD, Tracy Fort, Beerbarrel and whatever the hell else you want to call me are all the same person!....ME!
Old May 28th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

lsmyer wrote:

Thank you for the heads-up. Without this post, I would have missed this
awesome trip down memory lane.

I've been listening off and on all day today. Of course, I am using
Audacity to save it on my computer so I can listen to it whenever I want.

In case anyone wonders, here's their schedule (all times CDT):
The Big 89 Rewind Special (5:00am-6:00am)
Larry Lujack with Tommy Edwards (6:00am-9:00am)
Fred Winston (9:00am-12:00noon)
Chris Shebel (12:00noon-3:00pm)
Jeff Davis (3:00pm-6:00pm)
John Records Landecker (6:00pm-10:00pm)
"TK" Tom Kent (10:00pm-12:00mid)

It's been a fun time so far!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 29th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought it at first said Big Red.There was a red headed woman who used
to work at the auto/truck battery factory (that old factory closed down
years ago) where I used to work in Florence,Mississippi.One time,Joyce
Creel said to me,,, Larry,go stick Red's monkey!
cuhulin

WLS 890 Chicago dxAce Shortwave 6 October 24th 05 08:22 PM
Where in Chicago......? Ken Taylor Equipment 9 November 18th 04 12:06 AM
Where in Chicago......? Ken Taylor Equipment 0 November 17th 04 02:42 AM
Where in Chicago......? Ken Taylor Equipment 0 November 17th 04 02:42 AM
Chicago transformer Jimmy Boatanchors 4 February 22nd 04 07:03 PM