Old June 8th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Listening to the Radio {Safely} During a Thunder & LightningStorm

RHF wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:45 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
ish wrote:

Did any of you notice how lightning caused microphone to mute when
Rudolph Giuliani was speaking in one of those debates? I watched it
on CNN. Must have been one of those wireless mics.

- Do you have any idea how many politicians were
- choked to death by microphone cords, before the
- wireless microphone was developed?

FYI - The Politician John 'ff' Kerry did not Die from being
"Choked" to his Death by a Wild Microphone Cord . . .
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...kerrylurch.htm

Point-of-Fact is John 'ff' Kerry Just Looks Dead
{Sort-of-Lurch-Zombie-Like} and very much alive.
http://www.tvacres.com/char_lurch_butler.htm

Wireless microphones have been around for a long time. You have to
microphones. The ones you see on debates are dummy microphones, with
the cords cut off for safety reasons. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old June 9th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 9, 1:43 pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
ish wrote:
Did any of you notice how lightning caused microphone to mute when
Rudolph Giuliani was speaking in one of those debates? I watched it
on CNN. Must have been one of those wireless mics.

Do you have any idea how many politicians were choked to death by
microphone cords, before the wireless microphone was developed?

Not quite enough.

It just Gore's me to think about it. ~ RHF

Thunder & lightning D Peter Maus Shortwave 2 June 4th 07 10:51 PM
Sirio Thunder 27 OchoNueve CB 0 November 26th 06 08:01 PM
Shortwave Listening is the Hobby of Listening to Shortwave Radio Broadcasts. Frank Dresser Shortwave 2 October 19th 05 11:13 PM
Shortwave Listening is the Hobby of Listening to Shortwave Radio Broadcasts. Koikus Shortwave 8 October 19th 05 05:52 AM
(OT) Thunder N8KDV Shortwave 12 May 18th 04 03:32 AM