Old June 26th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Thick Layer Of Magma Found Under American Southwest.

On Jun 26, 7:55 am, "Brian Hill" wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
On Jun 25, 3:25 pm, "Brian Hill" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

www.standeyo.com

And, black holes do not exist.

Black ho's do exist!. That radio talk show host got busted for talking
about
them.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The truth about black holes:

http://amazing-space.stsci.edu/resou...es/teac...Hide quoted text -

This is very good, thanks - but note here that Mr. Steinberg, rather
than claiming them to be factual, offers evidence of their existence,
which is appropriate in science when the objects canno tbe directly
observed.

Bruce Jensen

Well all the great astrophysicist and quantum physicist beleive they exist so that's good enough for me. And since the nature of black holes actually unravel the laws of quantum physics, well I guess we'll be here a wile : )

I agree with them too - I think there *are* black holes - but
believing them to be is not the same as a statement of fact.

'Tis probably true - the interior of black holes - that is, the region
beyond the event horizon and especially the singularity - definitely
screw with quantum theory and space-time so that it cannot be
recognized.

Bruce Jensen

Old June 26th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Black holes do not exist

On Jun 26, 7:57 am, "Brian Hill" wrote:
"Christy D" wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:07:13 -0700, bpnjensen
wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:19 pm, "Brian Hill" wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message
And, black holes do not exist.I never have believed they exist.It's
all
phoney Baloney.

Gee, that's harsh - ol' Albert Einstein has been right, so far, about
everything else in his Theory...

Black holes are no longer theory but fact.

BH

Now this I have not heard. Can you provide a citation? Since they
cannot be observed directly, and are (at their closest) many tens or
hundreds of light years away, how can this be stated with certainty?
I realize that certain phenomena cannot be explained without them, but
that does not make them factual as of yet...

Einstein didn't believe in black holes himself and was always troubled
by the concept. Recently, Nature published an article about George
Chapline, a physicst at LLL, who thinks that a black hole is in reality
a "dark energy" star. The Nature article is available on the web at
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0503...0328-8_pf.html

The existence of black holes is therefore far from being an established
fact

I guess we can argue about symantics but they do exist. Our interpretation
may change over time.

BH- Hide quoted text -

Did you read the article Christy D posted?

Old June 26th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

I guess we can argue about symantics but they do exist. Our interpretation
may change over time.

I never would have figured you for being anti semantic.

mike
Old June 26th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
[...]

Here is a brief summary, with links, of other theories. All are
subject to testing and review, and one of these may eventually come
out to be a better bet than the singularity model. Right now, though,
a black hole as traditionally understood, remains the best candidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_h...rnative_models

Bruce Jensen

Old June 26th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I never have believed black holes exist and I still do not believe they
exist.
cuhulin
.................................................. .............
What are doing? [digging a hole] you can't dig a hole! [why not?] there
isn't anything in a hole to dig!
.................................................. .............

Old June 26th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 26, 10:15 am, wrote:
I never have believed black holes exist and I still do not believe they
exist.
cuhulin

Well, they probably don't believe in you either, so it comes out a
wash... ;-)

Bruce Jensen

Old June 26th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Christy D wrote:
Recently, Nature published an article about George
Chapline, a physicst at LLL, who thinks that a black hole is in reality
a "dark energy" star. The Nature article is available on the web at
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0503...0328-8_pf.html

The existence of black holes is therefore far from being an established
fact.

That is LLNL not LLL
Old June 26th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Next year in the month of May, (supposely in the month of May) that CERN
project down under the ground over yonder across the big pond is going
to sling some particles around and around.Some people say those
scientist over there might split the World in half.I don't know what all
to think about that,,,, yet.

I don't believe so-called space aliens from another planet or other
planets have ever visited Earth before.If they do exist, I don't believe
they ever will visit Earth either, if they ever try, Earth won't be
around anymore.I don't believe in phoney baloney bull s..t.Look, Albert
Einstein was on a learning curve, he didn't have the answers to
everything and neither do I.The more we know, the more we don't
know.That will always be true for as long as humans exist anywhere in
the Universe.
cuhulin
.................................................. ......
I was strollin through the parrrrk one dayyyy,,,,, in the very merry
monnnth of Mayyyyyyy,,,,,,,,,,
.................................................. ......

Old June 27th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Article at www.standeyo.com
Without Hot Rock, Much of America Would Be Underwater.

Shades of Waterworld!
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
[...]

Veering off-topic'er yet, I heard a great podcast novel (and later
ordered and read the book) "Singularity", which follows the
possibility that the Tunguska event on 1908 was caused by a tiny black
hole that is still circulating within the earth. International
intrigue and much nefarious cold-blooded *******ry ensue. Great
story.

http://billdesmedt.com/
http://www.podiobooks.com/title/singularity

Was a fun read that I bet a lot of RRS denizens might like. And no,
I don't get paid to plug the book or anything