Old July 2nd 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default For Sale Sony ICF SW-77 radio

I 'm afraid I know nothing at all about radio's, my only radio is a LW/MW
Ferguson tabletop kitchen radio.
I am offering this radio on here as this seems the best place to find a
buyer who knows what it is exactly, I have done a google search on it and it
sounds rather impressive.I am selling it on behalf of a neighbour, it was
her husbands who sadly is no longer with us. It has been boxed in the
cupboard for the past 6 years to my knowledge, so it has had very little
use.
Anyway, here goes, It is in its original box and comes with the original
manual, It says on he box- Sony ICF SW-77 Shortwave communications receiver.
It comes complete with its own dedicated power supply and will also run on
batteries.
I plugged in the power supply and switched on, Everything works fine as far
as I can tell.
I can get loads of radio stations on Long wave/Medium wave and FM. I tried
tuning around in the shortwave areas but got a little confused here to be
honest, although there were literally hundreds of foreign stations coming
through loud and clear.
I tried the "sync lock" whatever that is" and it seems to work fine, as it
stated "sync lock"
I tried it on ssb and could not find much at all really although a friend
suggested I try it on 5505 and a very load shannon volmet station came
through very loud and clearly.
I'm afraid that is all I can tell you about it.
I do not have an ebay account, although I do have a paypal account
(verified)
So we are open to offers on this radio.
if interested, please contact me on

I am in the UK but would quite happily ship it anywhere
thanks for your time.
PS, it looks very complicated indeed, it has plenty of switches and buttons
etc.
Photos are available on request.and if you live anywhere near Cardiff in the
UK, you are more than welcome to come and try it out for yourself.
thanks

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Old July 3rd 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi
I have sent you an email, but forgot to answer your question regarding
paypal, Yes, I can accept paypal
thanks
Roger

"MWWong" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Sir / Mdm,

may i kindly enquire how much you will be charging for shipping
& handling charges for delivering the above item to Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia via the least most expensive way (eg. Parcel Force or
Royal Mail International Signed For Surface Mail......)

moreover, would you kindly confirm whether the FM frequency range
of the above radio is from 87.5MHz to 108Mhz as some SW77 model
begins from 76Mhz to 108Mhz...

if you still have its User Manual it would even be much better
(ie. for verification by M'sian Customs Dept)...... reason being
my country, Malaysia, has an 'ancient' law that prohibits import
of transistor radio which is able to tune in from 68Mhz to 87Mhz
as that bandwidth is only use by the police for their communication..

your kind reply is highly appreciated before I place my bid....

best regards,

Alan Wong

PS - Can you accept payment via Paypal?

On Jul 3, 5:57 am, "Roger" wrote:
[...]

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and
you?
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html