Old July 5th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default LYQ NDB beacon testing tonight

The LYQ NDB beacon 529 KHZ is testing with 10 watts. The final TX
power will be 50 watts. We are making adjustments on it off and on
plus Flight testing it.

Until it's fully commissioned will be on and off the air.

We plan on QSLing the Beacon when we get it up to snuff.

The LYQ Beacon is using a 120 foot high tower 'shunt feed' this tower
suspends one leg of a Rhombic antenna.

The WWRB transmitter facility has Two Runways in operation and is
designated as an Airport by the FAA for Company aircraft
operations. Airport FAA Id is : 43TN ROSEANNE airport.

VORTAC located on field the Freq is 108.650

We will leave the Beacon on tonight (July 4) so you can see if you
hear it. Please post your reception reports right here

Thanks

Old July 5th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO wrote:

On Jul 4, 8:28 pm, wrote:
The LYQ NDB beacon 529 KHZ is testing with 10 watts. The final TX
power will be 50 watts. We are making adjustments on it off and on
plus Flight testing it.

Until it's fully commissioned will be on and off the air.

We plan on QSLing the Beacon when we get it up to snuff.

The LYQ Beacon is using a 120 foot high tower 'shunt feed' this tower
suspends one leg of a Rhombic antenna.

The WWRB transmitter facility has Two Runways in operation and is
designated as an Airport by the FAA for Company aircraft
operations. Airport FAA Id is : 43TN ROSEANNE airport.

VORTAC located on field the Freq is 108.650

We will leave the Beacon on tonight (July 4) so you can see if you
hear it. Please post your reception reports right here

Thanks

Beacon is in TN?

Well yeah! Same place as WWRB!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 5th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 4, 9:07 pm, dxAce wrote:
N9NEO wrote:
On Jul 4, 8:28 pm, wrote:
[...]

We are located about 50 miles south /south east of Nashville,TN
right off I-24 Lat: N 35 37 00 Lon W 086 00 01