Old July 28th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Dumbasses in California?

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

I'm both and much more! But unfortunatly I've never owned a fender
broadcaster like the Ace of DX.

Tip: Don't buy one from Cuhulin.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Excellent advice!! Unfortunately I've leaned the hard way.

BH

Old July 28th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"Your friend, Apu" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

PhattyMo wrote:

dxAce wrote:
How frickin stupid can the journalists of California be? Dumber than a
fake
Hispanic?
At least that can tell the difference between California,and Arizona...

Which apparently some people can't.

No mistake here, 'tard boy. Simply pointing out the obvious mentality.

Please try to pay attention.

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

You are forgiven!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drunk again

Why is everyone soo against getting drunk?

No damn idea. Tuning Oil is king!

But please folks, don't over do it.

Old July 28th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

I'm both and much more! But unfortunatly I've never owned a fender
broadcaster like the Ace of DX.

Tip: Don't buy one from Cuhulin.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

BTW You know what amazes me after partaking in this forum for years like
yourself Ace, Is the idiots that come here for years and don't know any more
about HF propagation than when they started. You can only hope they finally
try to hang a long wire and break their fricken neck!

BH

Old July 28th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

I'm both and much more! But unfortunatly I've never owned a fender
broadcaster like the Ace of DX.

Tip: Don't buy one from Cuhulin.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

BTW You know what amazes me after partaking in this forum for years like
yourself Ace, Is the idiots that come here for years and don't know any more
about HF propagation than when they started. You can only hope they finally
try to hang a long wire and break their fricken neck!

It amazes me as well, Brian.

Boggling, is what I like to say!

Hey, I met a gal the other day who knows Zumbrota (sp)!

Old July 28th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2007-07-28 00:12:20 -0400, dxAce said:

How frickin stupid can the journalists of California be? Dumber than a
fake
Hispanic?

Ya got a bunch of dumbass *******s floating around in helicopters,
trying to get
the best shot of another dumbass ******* involved in a high speed
chase and the
dumbass *******s in the helicopters all die?

Best to let the authorities on the ground do their jobs?

Phoenix is a very aggressive market for TV news. Even more so than
Chicago in many instances. The use of helicopters is likewise very
aggressive. More so than other markets. Because Phoenix is considered a
feeder market for LA, the pilots, reporters, producers and
photographers are all more aggressive than they need to be in order to
get the attention the LA market for the move up, the higher salaries,
yada yada yada.

The huge number of Californians living full or part time in Phoenix
has made it easy for LA media to consider Phoenix a suburb of LA. Which
exacerbates the problem. And most of the media coverage of this event
began with LA stations, not Phoenix stations. LA had video on the air
before Phoenix did. Albeit, not by much.

So, Pheonix is an atypical market for TV news coverage. More
aggressive that most markets of it's size, often more aggressive than
top 5 markets, with personal agendae often driving much of what gets to
air.

FAA reps interviewed by LA CBS 2 said that Phoenix' use of
helicopters is also unique. And where the collision occurred was Class
Bravo Surface Area. That means, literally, right off the end of a Class
B airport runway system. Once cleared into the area by ATC, the pilots
were on their own to manage safety, intervals and spacing. And FAA regs
under those conditions are 'see and avoid,' with the ultimate
responsibility for the safety of each aircraft resting with the Pilot in
Command.

What happened here was a tragedy. And it was wholly avoidable.

They do it for ratings. It all about ratings for the media. A great car
chase brings people in. They should have an all car chase channel. How
the **** they can have an all golf channel is beyond me....

It's not just about ratings. It's also about getting personal credit
for the shot that puts the station over the top, to get attention of
those who would lure the winner away with offers in markets like,
especially like, LA.

The stations are aggressive, to be sure. But the pilots,
photographers, producers and reporters add their own extra level of
aggression for personal benefits.

Old July 28th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Phoon Hencman wrote:
On 2007-07-28 00:12:20 -0400, dxAce said:

[...]

It's just sad. It really is. And perhaps I was a bit over the top in referring
to them as dumbasses (and yes, I realize the story originates in Arizona), so I
humbly apologize to them (yeah, they're gone, but they watch) and to their
families.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 28th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

I'm both and much more! But unfortunatly I've never owned a fender
broadcaster like the Ace of DX.

Tip: Don't buy one from Cuhulin.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

BTW You know what amazes me after partaking in this forum for years like
yourself Ace, Is the idiots that come here for years and don't know any
more
about HF propagation than when they started. You can only hope they
finally
try to hang a long wire and break their fricken neck!

It amazes me as well, Brian.

Boggling, is what I like to say!

Hey, I met a gal the other day who knows Zumbrota (sp)!

Oh really? Is she from here? You spelt it right.

BH

Old July 28th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

Why is everyone soo against getting drunk?

BH

Ever seen the heartbreak and tragedy caused by drunks?

I thought not.

Old July 28th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Damn, I wish more of you were better guitarists and DX'ers!

I'm both and much more! But unfortunatly I've never owned a fender
broadcaster like the Ace of DX.

Tip: Don't buy one from Cuhulin.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

BTW You know what amazes me after partaking in this forum for years like
yourself Ace, Is the idiots that come here for years and don't know any
more
about HF propagation than when they started. You can only hope they
finally
try to hang a long wire and break their fricken neck!

It amazes me as well, Brian.

Boggling, is what I like to say!

Hey, I met a gal the other day who knows Zumbrota (sp)!

Oh really? Is she from here? You spelt it right.

No, from someplace nearby, she said it was just down the road. Can't recall the
name, but she said it (Zumbrota) was a nice little town.

I'll see her around, and I'll find out for sure.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

FS:BC-684, BC-1335 in California Steve Boatanchors 0 January 21st 07 07:58 PM
BBC reception in California Neil Shortwave 9 November 30th 06 06:56 PM
BPL in California Telamon Shortwave 10 April 30th 06 12:07 AM
BBC reception in California ?? Neil Bell Shortwave 13 August 31st 05 09:45 PM
BPL in California Steven R. Adell - KF2TI Policy 21 July 19th 04 11:47 PM