Old August 3rd 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default degan/kaito 1103

Hi
Can anyone tell me who actually makes the degan/kaito 1103 please. I always
thought it was Tecsun, am I right?
thanks
voyager

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Old August 4th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yes Degen/Tecsun are the same company see:

www.degen.com.cn/english/info.asp

Old August 6th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

M Peraaho schrieb:

Yes Degen/Tecsun are the same company see:

www.degen.com.cn/english/info.asp

They only share the same office for overseas business, but the
headquarters are located in different towns:
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/index.htm
So I insist that these are two separate companies. I vaguely remember
something about Degen having been founded by former Tecsun folks,
however. Degen's production techniques and products seem to be quite a
bit less oldschool than Tecsun's (which seem to involve a lot of things
getting done by hand).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Team Mostly Harmless
Old August 7th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 6, 3:12 pm, Stephan Grossklass
wrote:
M Peraaho schrieb:

Yes Degen/Tecsun are the same company see:

www.degen.com.cn/english/info.asp

They only share the same office for overseas business, but the
headquarters are located in different towns:http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/index.htm
So I insist that these are two separate companies. I vaguely remember
something about Degen having been founded by former Tecsun folks,
however. Degen's production techniques and products seem to be quite a
bit less oldschool than Tecsun's (which seem to involve a lot of things
getting done by hand).

Stephan
--
Home:http://stephan.win31.de/
Team Mostly Harmless

Tecsun is largely an operation of the Communist Party. It's hard to
get more oldschool than that. I imagine that Tecsun is operated
similar to the collective farms, where the CCP tries to overcome lack
of technology through brute force, such as armies of peasants knee
deep in rice paddies tending the crops. There is little incentive to
change the system because it keeps the people from rebelling by
keeping them occupied.

The functionaries probably tolerate Degen because Degen can cut
through the red tape better than they can because it keeps the Party
at arm's length. There's probably a certain amount of admiration on
the part of the hacks. Any other company finds itself largely shut
out, at least when it comes to shortwave radios, because China
considers shortwave to be vital to keeping the peasants in line. Most
Chinese peasants cannot afford satellite TV, and FM coverage is out of
the question for much of the country, so shortwave is it.

Sangean has largely died on the vine, and Sony has moved on to greener
pastures. Other Chinese radio makers exist, but shortwave is a no go
area for them, because of its strategic importance to the Party. Even
though Degen is tolerated, it has fewer resources than Tecsun, and is
largely unknown outside China except among SW aficionados.

SW may seem hugely unimportant to Americans, but to the Chinese
Communists it's everything, thus they control it. Tecsun dominates the
US shortwave market, even though few Americans notice. The Party sees
increasing shortwave listeners in America as a good way to convert
people to its point of view. CRI blankets America with quality
signals, and Tecsun's Eton line of radios is easy to find. Eton
advertises heavily in Passport, likely keeping it alive. Mao may have
been mad, but he always had a method behind it.

Old August 7th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

M Peraaho schrieb:

[...]

- -

I am posting some picutres here which were taken in Tecsun factory
last month, you could see the factory yourself and make a judgement
whether Tecsun is like you described as the communist brute force
factory.

http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2221197270.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...1521691803.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2242227344.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2245826600.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2253322787.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2226860594.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2264546356.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2272576291.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2283179655.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2229491433.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2114286435.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2125420267.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2141068775.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2155352688.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2185938669.JPG
http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/...2215735444.JPG

What you described would be true 30 years ago, things have changed so
much in those 30 years. I am so suprised there is still people
believing all these crapy propaganda against communist China.

Old August 7th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

M Peraaho schrieb:

[...]

I rather like CRI; much better than the vast majority of American SW
stations I receive which are always sod-awful Christian ones. I once
answered a request from one of these to provide a reception report and
now am bombarded with ridiculous begging emails from them. Can't see
CRI doing this to mailbox respondents.

To me it is clear which continent is trying hardest to 'convert
listeners to its point of view'.

And long live the DE1103!

Old August 7th 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:
M Peraaho schrieb:

Yes Degen/Tecsun are the same company see:

www.degen.com.cn/english/info.asp

They only share the same office for overseas business, but the
headquarters are located in different towns:http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/index.htm
So I insist that these are two separate companies. I vaguely remember
something about Degen having been founded by former Tecsun folks,
however. Degen's production techniques and products seem to be quite a
bit less oldschool than Tecsun's (which seem to involve a lot of things
getting done by hand).

Stephan
--
Home:http://stephan.win31.de/
Team Mostly Harmless

SG - It would simply appear that Degen uses the
Tecsun Offices in Hong Hong as their Export Agent
and for Overseas Customer Support. ~ RHF
Old August 7th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

M Peraaho schrieb:

[...]

believing all these crapy propaganda against communist China.- Hide quoted text -

SPWAN9,

Nice Photos an it has been "The People's Republic of China"
-or- China (PRC) ever since Nixon and Kissinger in 1972
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/pub...inger/nixzhou/
Sino-US Reapproachment is History ~ RHF
Old August 7th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 5:07 pm, "voyager2007" wrote:
Hi
Can anyone tell me who actually makes the degan/kaito 1103 please. I always
thought it was Tecsun, am I right?
thanks
voyager

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

There is an entity called Degen with offices in Shenzen that claims to
design and manufacture a variety of products. Whether thay actually
manufacture all component parts from scratch or assemble them is
probably an open question. From what I've read Degen markets it's
products through Tecsun Hong Kong. Whether Degen is a western style
subsidiary of Tecsun or whether there is cross ownership of the two
companies or whether they are tied in through other corporate entities
is not apparent from the information I've read.

Old August 9th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:58:19 -0700, Roadie wrote:

On Aug 3, 5:07 pm, "voyager2007" wrote:
Hi
Can anyone tell me who actually makes the degan/kaito 1103 please. I always
thought it was Tecsun, am I right?
thanks
voyager

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

There is an entity called Degen with offices in Shenzen that claims to
design and manufacture a variety of products. Whether thay actually
manufacture all component parts from scratch or assemble them is
probably an open question. From what I've read Degen markets it's
products through Tecsun Hong Kong. Whether Degen is a western style
subsidiary of Tecsun or whether there is cross ownership of the two
companies or whether they are tied in through other corporate entities
is not apparent from the information I've read.

Does it really matter? If my Degen 1103 works perfectly well... and
is supposedly/presumably the same as the Kaito 1103... should I be
aware (or gasp, worried) that Tecsun makes it/them?

In North America, department stores market electonics/appliances under
their own brand names that are manufactured by someone else (whose
name is generally kept obscured).

The Degen name apparently cannot be marketed outside China because of
some sort of German brand conflict.

So wot's the Big Deal?

I sense an American "Red Baiting" scare in the earlier part of the
thread.

In which case, as most posters here are presumably male, please go
look at where the gotchies cupping yer balls are made... probably
China.

Degan 1103 Sherman Shortwave 2 December 24th 06 12:27 AM
degan 1103 and Sangean 909 V Sony SW77 Rikk Shortwave 3 March 9th 06 12:00 AM
degan 1103 question Roger Shortwave 3 December 13th 05 06:44 AM
degan 1103 Roger Shortwave 5 December 6th 05 12:19 AM
For Those Who Recommend/Sell/Buy CCP Degan/Kaito Radios Li Changchun Shortwave 8 March 26th 05 06:00 AM