Old August 17th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Now you can watch DPRK North Korea TV LIVE on the Net

"American Insurgent" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cable? ROK DOESN'T have over the air TV? Never mind. I suppose that
DPRK is using a completely different type of TV set, so you'd need to
get your hands on one of them to get DPRK TV. It's likely not a 24/7
service because of electricity problems-it probably shuts off at 9pm
local time, when Pyongyang goes dark.

ROK has broadcast TV, but it's used very little these days with nearly 100%
penetration with CATV and satellite (SkyLife Korea only). The OTA stuff is
KBS1, KBS2, MBC, SBC, CBS (Christian Broadcasting Service), EBS1 & EBS2
(Educational Broadcasting Service) and AFN.

ROK uses NTSC System M with US channelization (but NICAM stereo audio
instead of BTSC).

DPRK uses PAL system K, IIRC, with an odd channelization (what little there
is), so the systems are incompatible.

Old August 17th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 17, 5:08 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

DPRK uses PAL system K, IIRC, with an odd channelization (what little there
is), so the systems are incompatible.

Would the normal multi-standard TV sets available on the market be
able to tune DPRK TV in? The system must be compatible with other PAL
standards, because I've read about -- and seen one particular video
showing -- second-hand television sets from China being smuggled
across the DPRK's northern border for sale. They're sold at a
substantial premium.

Stephanie Weil

Old August 17th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 17, 5:08 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

ROK has broadcast TV, but it's used very little these days with nearly 100%
penetration with CATV and satellite

Not to mention that portable TV, long a stronghold of analog broadcast
signals is now totally dominated by DMB (Digital Multimedia
Broadcasting), which allows you to watch and listen to digital
broadcasts on special cellphones or other such receivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...a_Broadcasting

Sucks that this kind of service isn't quite available in the USA.
*smacks Qualcomm upside the head*

Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA

Old August 17th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those Idiots in that radio phonograph newsgroup don't even know what a
rope or a dial string even looks like.They ALL have their heads up their
asses!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Old August 17th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

They know what a naked French gal looks like though.You remember
stastylost?
cuhulin

Old August 17th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bunch of Dumb ASS Jerkoffs in tht radio phonograph nesgroup!!!!!! They
can all GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Old August 17th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com Raquel Welch Shannon Wright Compound 1964

I don't know if I want to watch this screwball movie, Fatmom,,, she
never impressed me worth a hoot.I was buying nooky for as little as a
dollar in Vietnam.Even then, I felt like I was getting gyped.
cuhulin

Old August 22nd 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 14, 1:15 pm, Zeke Zzzppt wrote:
dxAce wrote:
HuntingtonInvestment Company Sucks!

Seeing as you brought it up, who are they and why do they suck? How much
did they lose for you?

This just shows that this is a great country, where a welfare queen
gets enough from the dole to be a big time tinvestor.

Old August 22nd 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
HuntingtonInvestment Company Sucks!

Seeing as you brought it up, who are they and why do they suck? How much
did they lose for you?

This just shows that this is a great country, where a welfare queen
gets enough from the dole to be a big time tinvestor.

So solly cholly, I'm not on welfare.

Try again, 'tard boy.

Why is South Korea unconcerned about North Korea missile launch? running dogg Shortwave 5 June 22nd 06 06:30 AM
North Korea [email protected] Shortwave 8 March 15th 06 09:44 AM
13760 @ 13:00 UTC: North Korea Michael Shortwave 6 May 23rd 04 03:37 PM
North Korea N8KDV Shortwave 0 May 16th 04 02:02 PM
Verifying North Korea Gerald Readore Shortwave 12 October 30th 03 10:55 PM