Old August 31st 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default question about collectible Sony ICF-2010

Hello,

I recently sold a complete original Sony ICF-2010 set to a person in
Japan for $260 via eBay. You can see the item he http://tinyurl.com/32438q
..

The buyer is a collector, and I didn't realize that putting packing
tape on the box and scotch tape on the interior foam slipcase would
diminish the value of the set as a collector's item.

To compensate for my mistake, I am going to refund part of the
purchase price.

My question to the group is: How much should I refund? That is, how
much value does the tape take away from the set as a collector's item?

Thank you,

Jeff

Old August 31st 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.

The buyer is a collector, and I didn't realize that putting packing
tape on the box and scotch tape on the interior foam slipcase would
diminish the value of the set as a collector's item.

To compensate for my mistake, I am going to refund part of the
purchase price.

My question to the group is: How much should I refund? That is, how
much value does the tape take away from the set as a collector's item?

Thank you,

Jeff

Whatever you both can agree on, the final out being returning the item.

Old August 31st 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:55:22 -0000, Jeff Nye wrote:

Hello,

I recently sold a complete original Sony ICF-2010 set to a person in
Japan for $260 via eBay. You can see the item he http://tinyurl.com/32438q
.

The buyer is a collector, and I didn't realize that putting packing
tape on the box and scotch tape on the interior foam slipcase would
diminish the value of the set as a collector's item.

To compensate for my mistake, I am going to refund part of the
purchase price.

My question to the group is: How much should I refund? That is, how
much value does the tape take away from the set as a collector's item?

Thank you,

Jeff

Screw the Japanese. They are ruining the used market for everything.
Old September 1st 07, 04:02 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Nye View Post
To compensate for my mistake, I am going to refund part of the purchase price.
Given the current information, it sounds like a scam and I don't think you owe anything. How did you represent the box's condition in the auction? Did the buyer ask you directly about the box before bidding?
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old September 1st 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thank you everyone for your input. You have been very helpful.

Best regards,

Jeff

Old September 1st 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own some old Sony radios and four Sony tv sets.One of them is my Sony
Trinitron Wega flat screen CRT tv set I use only for watching DirecTV.(I
am waiting on the latest Suvivorman show to crop up on thee, Lobster
Wars bores me) One of them is a little Sony tv set I bought at a pawn
shop in Killeen,Texas when I was in the Army at Fort Hood,Texas in
1965.It doesn't work anymore, only a thin horizontal line it will pick
up across the middle on the tv tube.It has a traveling case that looks
just like a little suitcase (smething like a woman's litle traveling
goody, goody little suitcase) and an antenna made to clip onto the
window edge of cars.I used to watch tv programs on it in the barracks at
Fort Hood.It is not for sale or trade.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jeff Nye" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I recently sold a complete original Sony ICF-2010 set to a person in
Japan for $260 via eBay. You can see the item he
http://tinyurl.com/32438q
.

The buyer is a collector, and I didn't realize that putting packing
tape on the box and scotch tape on the interior foam slipcase would
diminish the value of the set as a collector's item.

To compensate for my mistake, I am going to refund part of the
purchase price.

My question to the group is: How much should I refund? That is, how
much value does the tape take away from the set as a collector's item?

Thank you,

Jeff

I had a look at the auction and checked out the buyers feedback..
His rating is + 2. The last feedback received was for a Sony ICF-2010
that he won with a bid of $305 2 days after this auction. hmmmm.........
Like RHF said, he got a 'steal'

Old September 1st 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And then I reckymembered, while I am thinking about, I need to apply a
tube of Advantage (Bayer) 55 on top of doggy's neck.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I just now checked, (and I am fixin to check www.tsna.org for the
new Monthly Photo) now,,,, I done forgot.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 1, 9:50 am, Bart Bailey wrote:
In posted on Sat,
1 Sep 2007 11:46:45 -0400, Frank Halaburak wrote: Begin

The last feedback received was for a Sony ICF-2010
that he won with a bid of $305 2 days after this auction. hmmmm.........
Like RHF said, he got a 'steal'

Any 2010, even pristine, for much more than maybe a hundred bucks is a
ripoff, they're just not that great a radio compared to what's available
nowadays, and as to collectors (fools with cash) gouge 'em as hard as
the market will bear, don't refund anything already in your hand,

- charge the 'winning' bidder extra for the packing tape
- or any enhancements.

LOL - I like your Thinking ! ) ~ RHF

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ferengi
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Fere...of_Acquisition
Rule # 1 - Once you have Their Money, you never give it back.

--

Bart

Sony icf 2010 question wavetrapper Shortwave 1 December 4th 05 04:11 AM
Sony icf 2010 question RHF Shortwave 0 December 3rd 05 04:32 PM
'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio Question : Sony ICF-2010 / Sony ICF-SW7600GR / Eton E1 with XM Satellite Radio RHF Shortwave 0 December 3rd 05 09:53 AM
Sony icf 2010 question junius Shortwave 0 December 3rd 05 09:34 AM
Question on Sony 2010... Drifter Shortwave 1 May 21st 04 01:33 PM