Old September 24th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Unused NiMH Battery Aging?

I found a 4-pack of Kodak 1800maH AA NiMH batteries that's probably
a couple of years old. They all test out at around 1000maH.

I've had good luck with Kodak NiMH batteries, as to reliability
and power, though mostly the AAA's.

Can this low rating be just from unused aging? I assume the battery
quality is up to standards, since why would these be the only weak ones
among the dozens I have.

Old September 24th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 1:04 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
I found a 4-pack of Kodak 1800maH AA NiMH batteries that's probably
a couple of years old. They all test out at around 1000maH.

I've had good luck with Kodak NiMH batteries, as to reliability
and power, though mostly the AAA's.

Can this low rating be just from unused aging? I assume the battery
quality is up to standards, since why would these be the only weak ones
among the dozens I have.

Are you using a quick charger? If so, try a slower trickle speed
charger.

Old September 24th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About 1997, I went to a local Bell South cell phone store and I signed
up for two years cell phone (Ericsson cell phone, I still have that cell
phone too, at about $18.00 plus each month for two years, I more than
paid enough for that cell phone and cell phone service) service.Yeah,
after a while, those NiMH batteries will not take a recharge.

Meerkat Manor is on the Animal Planet tb chanel now.I likes that show.
Big Joe Polka Show will be on the RFD tb channel on Wednesday at 6:00
PM,,,, I likes that show too.
cuhulin

Old September 24th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A few years ago, I tried to charge my old now defunct cell phone NiMH
battery up, with the cell phone battery recharger, just for the hell of
it.That NiMH battery is deader than a broke .... dog!
I got news for y'all, NiMH batteries are no panacea!
cuhulin

Old September 25th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 25, 10:18 am, David wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:34:03 -0700, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:04 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
I found a 4-pack of Kodak 1800maH AA NiMH batteries that's probably
a couple of years old. They all test out at around 1000maH.

I've had good luck with Kodak NiMH batteries, as to reliability
and power, though mostly the AAA's.

Can this low rating be just from unused aging? I assume the battery
quality is up to standards, since why would these be the only weak ones
among the dozens I have.

Are you using a quick charger? If so, try a slower trickle speed
charger.

Virtually all NiMH chargers use an ''smart'' IC chip.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, thats true. But in my experience a trickle charge provides a
more complete charge than a quick 90 minute.