Old September 28th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony ICF-6800W Questions

On Sep 27, 11:24 pm, willismat wrote:
I've read that the only differences between the 6800W (White) and
6800WA (Orange) versions were tighter filters, though I don't know if
it's just the wide or both (better adjacent channel rejection but less
fidelity), and a better preselector. Are these the only differences?
Has anyone actually used both of them and can tell their own opinions
on performance differences? Thanks!

Here's an excellent review of both versions and further down the page
is a review of the 6700. It's in german so just run it through one of
the online translators. Also track down a copy of Ranier Lichte's
excellent book Receiver - Choice or Chance.

http://www.dr-boesch.ch/radio/sony-icf-6800.htm

Old September 30th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 28, 12:05 pm, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 27, 11:24 pm, willismat wrote:

I've read that the only differences between the 6800W (White) and
6800WA (Orange) versions were tighter filters, though I don't know if
it's just the wide or both (better adjacent channel rejection but less
fidelity), and a better preselector. Are these the only differences?
Has anyone actually used both of them and can tell their own opinions
on performance differences? Thanks!

Here's an excellent review of both versions and further down the page
is a review of the 6700. It's in german so just run it through one of
the online translators. Also track down a copy of Ranier Lichte's
excellent book Receiver - Choice or Chance.

http://www.dr-boesch.ch/radio/sony-icf-6800.htm

Great website, thanks!!!

Sony ICF-6800W Questions Mike[_2_] Shortwave 0 September 28th 07 11:25 AM
Sony ICF-6800W Unrevealed Source Shortwave 1 August 5th 06 10:36 PM
Sony ICF-6800W Chris Dorn Shortwave 4 January 25th 04 12:19 AM
FS: Sony ICF-6800W Carel Kuijer Shortwave 0 January 13th 04 07:47 PM
FS: Sony ICF-6800W Carel Kuijer Shortwave 0 January 13th 04 07:46 PM