Old September 30th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast,rec.arts.tv

Default NOISE ON YOUR AM - here's the solution

Just go here and you can listen to your station with crystal clarity:

http://www.knx1070.com
http://www.kfi640.com
http://www.kkoh.com
http://www.kogo.com
http://www.kgo.com

Your station not listed? Well, let me know and I'll help you find its
website.

DX'ing is still alive and well.
It's just moved to the internet.

Old September 30th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

http://www.knx1070.comhttp://www.kfi...://www.kgo.com

Your station not listed? Well, let me know and I'll help you find its
website.

DX'ing is still alive and well.
It's just moved to the internet.

Broadcasting is also alive and well on the internet, as the proponents
of HD radio are about to learn....the hard way.

Old September 30th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

http://www.knx1070.comhttp://www.kfi...koh.comhttp://...

Your station not listed? Well, let me know and I'll help you find its
website.

DX'ing is still alive and well.
It's just moved to the internet.

Broadcasting is also alive and well on the internet, as the proponents
of HD radio are about to learn....the hard way.

That's fine. I'm not one to stand in the way of progress, and if
Internet Radio turns-out to be the "winner" then I will embrace it.

I'm not so old or calcified in my thinking, that I think there is only
"one correct way" things have to be done.

If HD Radio flops, then it flops, but I'd rather TRY it, then to
continue going down the Analog path which we know is doomed to die.
(AM is all but dead; FM is leaning that way.) HD might save one or
both of them, by adding double or triple the channels across the band,
giving young listeners what they want: more channels/more variety/
more music.

Old September 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 2:39 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Sep 30, 12:54 pm, Steve wrote:

[...]

HD is merely an attempt to give an old hag a digital facelift. Get
with the program and accept that change/progress is inevitable. Don't
cling to yesteryear.

Old September 30th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
On Sep 30, 2:39 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:

If HD Radio flops, then it flops, but I'd rather TRY it, then to
continue going down the Analog path which we know is doomed to die.
(AM is all but dead; FM is leaning that way.) HD might save one or
both of them, by adding double or triple the channels across the band,
giving young listeners what they want: more channels/more variety/
more music.

HD is merely an attempt to give an old hag a digital facelift.

Is that your opinion of HDTV broadcast tv too? Just wasted effort
trying to save obsolete terrestrial television?

Old September 30th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

P.S.

I have no qualms with Internet Radio. I listen to it half-a-day,
every day, at work. BUT it has one serious flaw:

- It doesn't work in the car.

And I spend a LOT of time in my car (roughly 1.5 hours a day), thus I
like to have available to me either Analog or HD Radio to help pass
the time. As long as people enjoy listening in their cars, there will
be a need for terrestrial broadcast.

Old September 30th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

"SFTV_troy"blabbed:
If HD Radio flops, then it flops, but I'd rather TRY it, then to
continue going down the Analog path which we know is doomed to die.
(AM is all but dead; FM is leaning that way.) HD might save one or
both of them, by adding double or triple the channels across the band,
giving young listeners what they want: more channels/more variety/
more music.

HD radio is a joke. IBOC is a joke.

Thank Apple for iPods.

SoCal Tom

Old September 30th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

"SoCal Tom" wrote in message
news:xIadne9cqIZIlZ3anZ2dnUVZ_qelnZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
"SFTV_troy"blabbed:
If HD Radio flops, then it flops, but I'd rather TRY it, then to
continue going down the Analog path which we know is doomed to die.
(AM is all but dead; FM is leaning that way.) HD might save one or
both of them, by adding double or triple the channels across the band,
giving young listeners what they want: more channels/more variety/
more music.

HD radio is a joke. IBOC is a joke.

HD Radio is the marketing name for IBOC. One is a brand, the other is an
acronym for the system behind it.

Old September 30th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

"SoCal Tom" wrote
HD radio is a joke. IBOC is a joke.

"David Eduardo" wrote HD Radio is the marketing name for IBOC. One is a
brand, the other is an acronym for the system behind it.

They're still both jokes, no matter how it's branded.

Old September 30th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 30, 10:22 am, SFTV_troy wrote:
Just go here and you can listen to your station with crystal clarity:

http://www.knx1070.comhttp://www.kfi...://www.kgo.com

Your station not listed? Well, let me know and I'll help you find its
website.

DX'ing is still alive and well.
It's just moved to the internet.

SFTV - DOH ! - Internet Radio - Ain't Radio
* It's Wire-to-Wire -aka- Telegraph / Telephone

Free Over-the-Air Radio is Radio [.]

SFTV, { DOH ! - Hybrid Digital Radio Fanatic }

AM/MW "HD" Radio is 'by-design' Engineered to Interfer
with the two Adjacent AM/MW Radio Channels at 10 kHz.
http://electronicdesign.com/Files/29.../Figure_02.gif

1 - Sear This Graphic Into Your Minds Eye.

2 - Then Actually Listen To What AM/MW Radio Has Become
Due To IBOC {HD} Radio Broadcasting.

I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light ! ~ RHF
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-