Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 1st 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,ba.broadcast

Default DX'ing using the internet - No need for long-distance AM

RHF wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:53 am, SFTV_troy wrote:

Listen to the AM/MW Radio Band and the very
Negative Effect that IBOC has had on It :

I've heard it. I don't care, because it doesn't affect the local
stations (OK city) I am listening to on my way to work, or on my way
back home.

I don't care, because when I want to do distant listening, I am not
stuck back in World War 2. I am in the 21st century and use the
internet to listen as far away as London or Japan or Australia.

Listening 'On-Line' is not Free Over-the-Air Radio

Yes it is. Just as watching NBC or FOX on your cable is still Free
over-the-air television. They are still sending out their waves to
their local markets. There are still some people watching/listening
to them via the antenna.