Old March 12th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
"Scooter" wrote in message
. ..

and revenues for terrestrial radio is flat and trending down. And
that's
trend. yes people are still listening, but cume is trending down,
slowly
with revenues!. If IBOC grabs any market share it will fracture and
decrease
shares of terrestrial radio listening. And that's not good!

Get your terms right. Cume today (total number of persons using radio)
is
about the same as it was in 1985. Time Spent Listening is slowly
trending
down, as it has from the late 80's... way before iPods and satellite
and
DSL.
So, Eduardo, what your saying is, your radio sucked back in the 80's?

Drifter...

Cume in 1985 was up from the first Arbitron surveys, around 1965.

Wow, 1965! You weren't Hispanic then, were you? In fact, you weren't even
'Eduardo'.

Acculturation takes years.

Shouldn't that acculturation have started in South America by actually using the
'Eduardo' name?

But of course, it didn't exist then, did it?

LMFAO

Old March 12th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Heck! I've been 'Hispanic' longer than you have. One of my
nicknames,
starting
around 1975 or so has been 'Raoul'.

As in "Eating Raoul?"

"Raoul" is not an Hispanic name, anyway. "Raúl" is.

Like you'd know what is Hispanic!

Whatever the case, "Raoul" is not an Hispanic name.

Neither is David Frackelton Gleason, but you've not let that stop you!

"David" is an Hispanic name. It is also used with the same spelling in many
other cultures.

Last names or surnames often have no relationship with the current culture
of a person. A distant relative, with the last name "Gleason" was for
decades a professor at the UNAM in Mexico. Another was the wife of the
Mexican ambassador to Great Britain.

"O'Higgins" is the surname of the liberator of Chile. And on and on.

Old March 12th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Shouldn't that acculturation have started in South America by actually
using the
'Eduardo' name?

But of course, it didn't exist then, did it?

I told you, I never have used it for business. It was too many names. But
for an internet signature, it is perfect.

Old March 12th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Heck! I've been 'Hispanic' longer than you have. One of my
nicknames,
starting
around 1975 or so has been 'Raoul'.

As in "Eating Raoul?"

"Raoul" is not an Hispanic name, anyway. "Raúl" is.

Like you'd know what is Hispanic!

Whatever the case, "Raoul" is not an Hispanic name.

Neither is David Frackelton Gleason, but you've not let that stop you!

"David" is an Hispanic name. It is also used with the same spelling in many
other cultures.

Last names or surnames often have no relationship with the current culture
of a person. A distant relative, with the last name "Gleason" was for
decades a professor at the UNAM in Mexico. Another was the wife of the
Mexican ambassador to Great Britain.

"O'Higgins" is the surname of the liberator of Chile. And on and on.

You're not Hispanic, get over it!

Old March 12th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Shouldn't that acculturation have started in South America by actually
using the
'Eduardo' name?

Lots of people with long names don't use them.

People think of the Alamo and General Santa Anna.

His real name is Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez
de Lebrón

Old March 12th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Shouldn't that acculturation have started in South America by actually
using the
'Eduardo' name?

But of course, it didn't exist then, did it?

I told you, I never have used it for business. It was too many names. But
for an internet signature, it is perfect.

'Eduardo', I'm LMFAO. Yeah, it became 'perfect' circa 2000.

Old March 12th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

..

You're not Hispanic, get over it!

As a psychologist I know said, you know a person's culture by the language
they swear in if they hit their thumb with a hammer. It is as simple as
that.

Old March 13th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

.

You're not Hispanic, get over it!

As a psychologist I know said, you know a person's culture by the language
they swear in if they hit their thumb with a hammer. It is as simple as
that.

You have written plenty of BS here and it all sounds like American
english to me.

I'm more than happy to meet up with you with a hammer in hand. This
should be interesting.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Poke the stupid Troll with sticks

In article
,
RHF wrote:

SNIP

For One and All,

SNIP

Get lost Troll.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 13th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

.

You're not Hispanic, get over it!

As a psychologist I know said, you know a person's culture by the
language
they swear in if they hit their thumb with a hammer. It is as simple as
that.

You have written plenty of BS here and it all sounds like American
english to me.

And it is not the language I use the most; almost all my work and home usage
is Spanish.

I'm more than happy to meet up with you with a hammer in hand. This
should be interesting.

Yes, someone who comes at me with a hammer will be a long-term guest of the
Glendale police.