Old October 2nd 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years

"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...end-in-15.html

Ha! Ha! Eduardo!

Old October 2nd 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 11:37?pm, wrote:
"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...predicted-to-e...

Ha! Ha! Eduardo!

http://tinyurl.com/345lck

Old October 2nd 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 1, 9:32 pm, wrote:
On Oct 1, 11:37?pm, wrote:

"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...predicted-to-e...

Ha! Ha! Eduardo!

http://tinyurl.com/345lck

Call Me When They All Evolve Into A
Single "Unified" Cyber-Radio Media. ~ RHF
Old October 2nd 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 5:24 am, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Oct 1, 10:37 pm, wrote:

"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...predicted-to-e...

As long as people continue listening in their cars, radio will survive
because it's wireless. Did you miss this paragraph? "Radio isn't an
industry in need of a pep talk -- profit margins of 40 percent are not
uncommon at stations and listenership has held up well..."

I personally don't think HD is any better anyway. From the radios I've
heard they have horrible drift and image rejection.

Old October 2nd 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 10:37 pm, wrote:

"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...predicted-to-e...

As long as people continue listening in their cars, radio will survive
because it's wireless. Did you miss this paragraph? "Radio isn't an
industry in need of a pep talk -- profit margins of 40 percent are not
uncommon at stations and listenership has held up well..."

Ever heard of Wimax? Apparently not.

Old October 2nd 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 11:37 pm, wrote:
"AM, FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years"

"The next 15 years will be the demise of terrestrial radio as we know
it and the rise of the extraterrestrial," he said. Just as Vaudeville
gave way to movies and horses to the automobile, he said, radio will
be overtaken by gadgets that serve people's needs more efficiently."

http://bosacksarchive.blogspot.com/2...predicted-to-e...

Ha! Ha! Eduardo!

This isn't going to surprise anyone and it's certainly not going to
surprise Tardo and his buddies. I also doubt that it will bother them.
Their aim is to make a relatively short term profit and them 'dump'
whatever is left of terrestrial radio. Not only do theyexpect
terrestrial radio to end, they're planning on it and even taking steps
to insure it.

Old October 2nd 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 6:48 am, Steve wrote:
On Oct 2, 5:24 am, SFTV_troy wrote:

As long as people continue listening in their cars,
radio will survive because it's wireless.

Ever heard of Wimax? Apparently not.

Is that anything like Betamax?

;-)

Old October 2nd 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 6:48 am, Steve wrote:

On Oct 2, 5:24 am, SFTV_troy wrote:

As long as people continue listening in their cars,
radio will survive because it's wireless.

Ever heard of Wimax? Apparently not.

Is that anything like Betamax?

;-)

Well, there's this newfangled gadget out there called the
internet...ah, it's a long story, You'll find out soon enough.

Old March 12th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years - OopsMake That 30 Years - Oops Make That 45 Years - Oh Never Mind . . .

On Mar 12, 7:49*am, "Scooter" wrote:
Radio's big problem is content! I'm sorry jukebox stations playing the same
hits, with robotic voice trackers won't *cut in the age of ipods and
wireless internet. And it appears new gadgets are coming to market faster
than any of us can keep up. Owners and management must groom new young
talent. Imagine if your favorite baseball team stopped going after new
talent? Stations must start taking risk's again. IBOC is the right
direction, but just doing the same old thing is not.. And hello CC it's not
working. nobody really cares enough to rush out and buy a new radio... If
you radio had the same rush Ipods have received none of this would be a
problem. But IBOC is DOA.
and revenues for terrestrial radio is flat and trending down. And that's a
trend. yes people are still listening, but cume is trending down, slowly
with revenues!. If IBOC grabs any market share it will fracture and decrease
shares of terrestrial radio listening. And that's not good! * *

For One and All,

That Which Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger.

1 - FM Radio Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM Radio Adapted

2 - Free Over-the-Air Black-and-White TV Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM Radio Adapted

3 - FM-Stereo Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Adapted

4 - Free Over-the-Air Color-&-Stereo TV Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Adapted

5 - Multi-Channel Cable TV Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Adapted

6 - Multi-Channel Direct Satellite TV Did Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Adapted

7 - Mega-Channel "Digital" Internet Radio Has Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Is Adapting

8 - Mega-Song "Digital" Miniature Devices Has Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Is Adapting

9 - Pod-Casting Has Not Kill Radio :
"Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM-Stereo Radio Is Adapting

10 - IBOC "HD" Radio Will Not Kill Radio : "Free" Over-the-Air
AM-Stereo Multi-Channel-FM Radio Is Adapting to Digital

11 - WiFi Internet Radio Will Not Kill Radio : "Free" Over-the-Air
AM-Stereo Multi-Channel-FM Radio Is Adapting

The-Bottom-Line Reads : Radio Is A Survivor and "Free"
Over-the-Air AM-Stereo Multi-Channel-FM Radio Is Adapting

Hello Remember One Thing Societal Change
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_change
Is Most Often A Generational Event :

THE REALITY IS : FREE OVER-THE-AIR AM/FM RADIO
AIN'T GOING NO WHERE ANY TIME SOON [.]

Old Media {Terrestrial} Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio :
Significantly the Age Groups over the Age of 35 Years are
still primarily "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Listeners
which translates to a continued Major Market Share for
Terrestrial Based AM/FM Radio Broadcasters for two to
three Decades {20~30 Years} to come Into-the-Future*.
* Yes - AM/FM Radio will have Many Listeners for Many Years to Come !
* Yes - AM/FM Radio is Business with a Future for Many Years to
Come !

Bridge Ratings Audience AM/FM Radio Erosion Study 2006
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...7a3fdede5e67a0

Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Predicted to End in 15 Years
- Oops Make That 30 Years - Oops Make That 45 Years
- Oh Never Mind . . .

the truth is out there - riding on a radio wave ~ RHF