Old October 9th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CFRX on 6070khz

Does anyone know what's happening with CFRX on 6070?

Old October 9th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Does anyone know what's happening with CFRX on 6070?

Hopefully they haven't given up on fixing the transmitter.

Old October 9th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 8, 6:09 pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know what's happening with CFRX on 6070?

Hopefully they haven't given up on fixing the transmitter.

Well I've seen some loggings that appear to be current but can't hear
a thing hrer in St Paul.

I can get them once in a while on 1010khz but thats spotty.

Old October 9th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

- Does anyone know what's happening with CFRX on 6070?

Protow 2,

Check with the CFRX 6070 kHz Radio Listener's Group
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/CFRX/
The group is intended for those who listen to CFRX (6.070 MHz
in the 49 meter band). CFRX re-broadcasts all the programming
of CFRB 1010 KHz. We can share comments about reception
or programming.

CFRB, or "Newstalk 1010" as it is often referred to, is an
CFRB = http://www.cfrb.com/
AM Radio Station in Toronto, Canada, broadcasting on
1010 kHz, with a Shortwave Radio simulcast by CFRX
on 6070 kHz. = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFRB

OWNED -by- Standard Broadcasting Corporation Ltd.
is a Canadian Radio Broadcasting Company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Broadcasting

CFRB/CFRX - Radio Reception Reports
http://www.odxa.on.ca/cfrb/reports.html
-via- Ontario DX Association (ODXA)
ODXA = http://www.odxa.on.ca/

ODXA - Ontario DX Association Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/odxa/
An Ontario-based Radio Listener's Club made up of
Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL) , Amateur Radio Operators,
Scanning Enthusiasts, AM / FM / TV "DX" Enthusiasts
and pretty much anything to do with Radio Communications.
- - - This includes Broadcast Radio Listeners (BCL)

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF

Old October 9th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 8, 8:04 pm, Nobody wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:43:10 -0700, RHF
wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

.

Probably not.

As usual, RHF buries us in unnecessary lnked detail that few will ever
pursue.

Weren't there posts several months ago that 'RX was off air?

Like, per a post by dxAce on Feb 7, 2007... and Doug Smith W9WI
June 17, 2007?- Hide quoted text -

Mister NoBody {Your Are Really A SomeBody },

I write for the newbie-beginner and the few who just 'might' be
Interested in knowing more... -and- clearly you are neither.

AND FOR MYSELF - FOR EACH POST IS A VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY
OF WHAT IS OUT-THERE BEYOND MY OWN PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE
-AND- A CHANCE TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS - WHO MAY CARE TO
KNOW TOO . . .

please feel free to ignore me - i often do ;-) ~ RHF
Old October 9th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the replys.

I knew CFRX was off air for quite a while, just wanted to hear from
the active crowd.

I did break down yesterday and went to www.(yourstationhere) so I got
a fix anyway.

My radios include a Lowe HF150, Icom R75, Magnavox D2999, Grundig
YB400.
I also have a Icom R2 which is kinda fun on 49m. SW from a shirt
pocket and duck antenna.

Thank again
WDX0FXH- Anyone remember these?

Old October 9th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

Probably just as much as someone might remember WPE8JSS.

Old October 9th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 9, 7:37 am, dxAce wrote:
wrote:

wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

Probably just as much as someone might remember WPE8JSS.- Hide quoted text -

WPE??
Rings a bell.
Off to Google...

Old October 9th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 9, 7:49 am, wrote:
On Oct 9, 7:37 am, dxAce wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:04 pm, wrote:

[...]

Off to Google...- Hide quoted text -

http://www181.pair.com/otsw/WPE.html
That was easy

CFRX Update dxAce Shortwave 0 February 7th 07 10:32 AM
Status of CFRX 6070 dxAce Shortwave 1 November 11th 06 05:15 PM
CFRX 6070 dxAce Shortwave 3 October 11th 06 07:18 PM
CFRX 6070- an easy QSL ve3... Shortwave 48 October 3rd 06 12:44 AM
CFRX-6070 dxAce Shortwave 0 August 19th 05 01:12 PM