Old October 14th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX Engineering phasing unit

Looks like it's finally here. It's expensive, but if it lives up to
the hype I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them:

http://tinyurl.com/2cor2e

Old October 14th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 13, 8:31 pm, Steve wrote:
Looks like it's finally here. It's expensive, but if it lives up to
the hype I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them:

http://tinyurl.com/2cor2e

I'm curious as to how it compares to the JPS/Timewave unit, but that's
far too much to pay just to get the answer.

Old October 14th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Oct 13, 8:31 pm, Steve wrote:
Looks like it's finally here. It's expensive, but if it lives up to
the hype I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them:

http://tinyurl.com/2cor2e

I'm curious as to how it compares to the JPS/Timewave unit, but that's
far too much to pay just to get the answer.

It's overhyped when it claims it's more stable ; the JPS/Timewave stays fixed
to a very fine degree over weeks. The weakness of the JPS/Timewave ANC-4 is
that the controls (particularly phase) need some kind of bandspread pot for fine
adjustment ; and that over time the pots get scratchy (albeit fixed by Deoxit
spray).

Voltage controlled phase sounds intrinsically less stable to me, but what do
I know.

I assume, but do not know, that the ANC-4 just combines a direct signal with
one that goes thru a capacitor, varying the combination with a pot, to change
phase. And another pot for gain. This is then added to the other antenna.

Old October 15th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 13, 8:31 pm, Steve wrote:
Looks like it's finally here. It's expensive, but if it lives up to
the hype I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them:

http://tinyurl.com/2cor2e

Man, this puppy needs a 12 to 15 Vdc / 2 A power source.

Phasing Verticals John Phillips Antenna 23 November 4th 06 07:58 PM
SX-24 XTAL phasing unit ??? garigue Boatanchors 0 February 27th 06 09:58 PM
Phasing verticals Rick Mintz Antenna 2 March 23rd 05 05:09 PM
MFJ-1025 antenna phasing unit Steve M Shortwave 3 January 15th 04 01:22 AM
phasing coils Antenna 2 July 25th 03 04:06 AM