Old October 19th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig G5

99 percent happy with this radio.
The remaining one percent however..........
The telescopic antenna........
falls off every now and then.
Its a ball and socket type connection.
Should i use something like Loctite on it?

Old October 19th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 19, 1:16 am, "Nicik Name" wrote:
99 percent happy with this radio.
The remaining one percent however..........
The telescopic antenna........
falls off every now and then.
Its a ball and socket type connection.
Should i use something like Loctite on it?

You can try Loctite. You can also try taking the antenna apart and
seeing if you can fix whatever is wrong with it. It should not fall
off, especially on a radio that is so new. (Antennas are not hard to
fix but the process is a "pain" because of the size of the parts -
small.) Before you try any of those, however, you may want to call
Eton's toll-free number and ask about a warranty repair if your radio
is still covered. If not, consider buying a replacement antenna - go
he http://www.etoncorp.com/orderparts and scroll down until you
see E5/G5 Telescopic Antenna - $14.95 . That price is reasonable.
I suggest buying a couple of them. Whip antennas are a weak point on
all portable radios. I had to fix the antenna for my Realistic DX-400
- replacement antennas are no longer available for that model - and I
learned my lesson. I now have several replacement whip antennas for
all my portables.

Best,

Joe