Old October 24th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A trip to Circuit City to find an elusive HD radio

"In Search of an HD-R Receiver"

"I asked him if they simply had an HD Radio I could buy to listen to
at home. He said there were none in stock. Were they expecting any?
Without flatly saying "No," he pretty much indicated that I shouldn't
skip any desserts while waiting."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0049/t.9235.html

Ha! Ha! RHF! Eduardo! HD Radio is such a priority with retailers! What
a ****ing joke!

Old October 25th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Over the past few years, I have been toying with the idea of developing a
Quadrature noise blanker. This might be just the thing that can remove that
digital sideband noise from the adjacent channels of the IBOC stations.
Listening to the frequencies between 1100 and 1150Khz in the Chicago area in
the evenings is a joke. With the various stations' sideband noise
encroaching on each other, it sounds like somebody had a noise vacuum
cleaner running all of the time.
The IBOC folks did a good job of starting to ruin the MW band.

Pete

ups.com...

Old October 25th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Over the past few years, I have been toying with the idea of developing a
Quadrature noise blanker. This might be just the thing that can remove that
digital sideband noise from the adjacent channels of the IBOC stations.
Listening to the frequencies between 1100 and 1150Khz in the Chicago area in
the evenings is a joke. With the various stations' sideband noise
encroaching on each other, it sounds like somebody had a noise vacuum
cleaner running all of the time.
The IBOC folks did a good job of starting to ruin the MW band.

You can thank folks like 'Eduardo'!

Old October 25th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 24, 7:12 pm, "Pete KE9OA" wrote:
Over the past few years, I have been toying with the idea of developing a
Quadrature noise blanker. This might be just the thing that can remove that
digital sideband noise from the adjacent channels of the IBOC stations.
Listening to the frequencies between 1100 and 1150Khz in the Chicago area in
the evenings is a joke. With the various stations' sideband noise
encroaching on each other, it sounds like somebody had a noise vacuum
cleaner running all of the time.
The IBOC folks did a good job of starting to ruin the MW band.

Pete

I can think of a few other things that would remove digital sideband
noise from adjacent channels of IBOC stations, but they're all highly
illegal.

Old October 26th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Over the past few years, I have been toying with the idea of developing a
Quadrature noise blanker. This might be just the thing that can remove
that
digital sideband noise from the adjacent channels of the IBOC stations.
Listening to the frequencies between 1100 and 1150Khz in the Chicago area
in
the evenings is a joke. With the various stations' sideband noise
encroaching on each other, it sounds like somebody had a noise vacuum
cleaner running all of the time.
The IBOC folks did a good job of starting to ruin the MW band.

You can thank folks like 'Eduardo'!

And there are a LOT of them in Radio.

There is a lot of them everywhere. It's called management or Peter's
favorite term mangle-ment.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 26th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default -wrt- Radio Communication that's a "Charlie Foxtrot"

On Oct 25, 6:21 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Over the past few years, I have been toying with the idea of developing a
Quadrature noise blanker. This might be just the thing that can remove
that
digital sideband noise from the adjacent channels of the IBOC stations.
Listening to the frequencies between 1100 and 1150Khz in the Chicago area
in
the evenings is a joke. With the various stations' sideband noise
encroaching on each other, it sounds like somebody had a noise vacuum
cleaner running all of the time.
The IBOC folks did a good job of starting to ruin the MW band.

You can thank folks like 'Eduardo'!

And there are a LOT of them in Radio.

- There is a lot of them everywhere. It's called management or Peter's
- favorite term mangle-ment.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Telamon,

Some call it 'Management' and still others clealy see it for
what it real is "Mangle-Ment". -wrt- Radio Communication that
would be NATO {Military} Phonetic Acronym "Charlie Foxtrot".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=cluster****

The Art of Doing It Wrong the First Time so . . .
You can Fix It -aka- Problem Solving; and get
Paid More for Getting It Right the Second Time.

The Rights-of-Management -implies- The Potential for Real
Mismanagement.

"The Wong Way of Management" -by- Dr. Theodore E. Wong
* Managing By Mistakes
* Management Decision Making : Doing It Wrong and Making It Right
* Successfully Managing Your Own Mistakes
* Getting It Right - The Second Time
* Failure Is An Option - Provided You Learn from It and Profit By It
* The First Step Is Often The Wrong Step - Managing Your Own Missteps

- - - the doctor was always wong - bank on it
i b 'oh so wong' too ~ RHF