Old October 27th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Outboard bfo

I would like to build or buy an outboard BFO for my Radio Shack DX-360 so I can listen to SSB, but I can't find any circuits, kits or products. Any suggestions?
Old October 28th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 27, 1:54 pm, "McFerg" wrote:
I would like to build or buy an outboard BFO for my Radio Shack DX-360 so I can listen to SSB, but I can't find any circuits, kits or products. Any suggestions?

Look he http://radio.tentec.com/kits/Fun

Ten Tec still builds several kits for those that like to experiment.

Paul

Old October 28th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 27, 1:54 pm, "McFerg" wrote:
I would like to build or buy an outboard BFO for my Radio Shack DX-360 so
I can listen to SSB, but I can't find any circuits, kits or products. Any
suggestions?

Look he http://radio.tentec.com/kits/Fun

Ten Tec still builds several kits for those that like to experiment.

Paul

Thank you Paul, I found exactly what I was looking for at a good price.

Bill

Old October 28th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:54:13 GMT, "McFerg" wrote:

I would like to build or buy an outboard BFO for my Radio Shack DX-360 so I can listen to SSB, but I can't find any circuits, kits or products. Any suggestions?

You can use another receiver to provide a beat.
Old October 29th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Like David said, just take an old rummage sale portable and set it by
the other radio and put it on the same band and tune on it till you get
a squeal. I think it will be higher up the dial by what the I. F. freq
is. With a little effort on tuuning around you can tune in ssb well
enough to listen to. I Did this many years ago before I had a radio
with a bfo. Maybe you could take a trip to the Good Will store an find a
cheepie. Dan