Old February 16th 05, 05:03 AM
Tom Holden

Default outboard sync detector schem.

You could use software DSP such as SDRadio if you downconvert the radio IF
to a frequency within the passband of your computer sound card. Works great
with my modified DX-394. The most popular downconverters use NE/SA612 or
602.

Tom

"Nicolas Boretos" wrote in message
Hi,

May be this has been beaten to death in the past,
but is there any online schem for an outboard sync detector
using modern chips? Most of the stuff I've run accross use really old
chips that I cannot get locally.

regards
nikos

Old February 21st 05, 01:50 AM
starman

Nicolas Boretos wrote:

Hi,

May be this has been beaten to death in the past,
but is there any online schem for an outboard sync detector
using modern chips? Most of the stuff I've run accross use really old
chips that I cannot get locally.

regards
nikos

Ask Pete KE90A on this group to send you the schematic and PC board
picture for his sync' detector. It's a good design.

Old February 21st 05, 10:31 AM
Nicolas Boretos

starman wrote:
Nicolas Boretos wrote:

Hi,

May be this has been beaten to death in the past,
but is there any online schem for an outboard sync detector
using modern chips? Most of the stuff I've run accross use really old
chips that I cannot get locally.

regards
nikos

Ask Pete KE90A on this group to send you the schematic and PC board
picture for his sync' detector. It's a good design.

Thanx,

How about it Pete?

regards.

nikos

Old February 24th 05, 08:30 AM
Pete KE9OA

I will be glad to..............my PDF writer isn't working right now, but I
will be glad to mail you a printed copy of the design.
Mike Murphy of Analog Devices came up with this one. E-mail me directly with
your contact info, and I will send you a copy.

Pete

starman wrote:
Nicolas Boretos wrote:

Hi,

May be this has been beaten to death in the past,
but is there any online schem for an outboard sync detector
using modern chips? Most of the stuff I've run accross use really old
chips that I cannot get locally.

regards
nikos

Ask Pete KE90A on this group to send you the schematic and PC board
picture for his sync' detector. It's a good design.

Thanx,

How about it Pete?

regards.

nikos
News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old February 24th 05, 11:48 PM
clifto

Pete KE9OA wrote:
I will be glad to..............my PDF writer isn't working right now, but I
will be glad to mail you a printed copy of the design.
Mike Murphy of Analog Devices came up with this one. E-mail me directly with
your contact info, and I will send you a copy.

If you'll send me a copy, I'll be glad to put it up on my web site.
Then you can send people to a URL instead of mailing over and over.

I see the IP address you're using is on two DNS blocking lists, so if
you get a bounce I'll try to spot it in the logs and privately send you
a whitelisted address to use.

Old February 25th 05, 05:14 PM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Nicolas,
I replied to your e-mail this morning with an attached
JPEG file of the circuit. The e-mail bounced back to me. If you have some
sort of anti-spamming software, it would need to be disabled in this
instance.

Pete

Old February 25th 05, 05:17 PM
Pete KE9OA

That sounds good..................please e-mail me directly with a good
e-mail address and I will e-mail a JPEG of the circuit to you. I tried to
e-mail the other fellow and my e-mail bounced.

Pete

Old February 25th 05, 08:19 PM
clifto

Pete KE9OA wrote:
"clifto" wrote...
If you'll send me a copy, I'll be glad to put it up on my web site.
Then you can send people to a URL instead of mailing over and over.

I see the IP address you're using is on two DNS blocking lists, so if
you get a bounce I'll try to spot it in the logs and privately send you
a whitelisted address to use.

That sounds good..................please e-mail me directly with a good
e-mail address and I will e-mail a JPEG of the circuit to you. I tried to
e-mail the other fellow and my e-mail bounced.

I *think* you've successfully e-mailed me before, but just to make sure
it gets here on the first try, I've e-mailed you from a soopersekrit
address that's sure to deliver.

Old February 26th 05, 04:19 AM
jimg

jimg wrote:
hi. if it's possible, could you plz send me a schematic or at least a
parts list? i was intending to design one using the ad607 ic, but
would like to see any other design ideas for my old r1000 xcvr

thnx

Hi Nicolas,
I replied to your e-mail this morning with an attached
JPEG file of the circuit. The e-mail bounced back to me. If you have some
sort of anti-spamming software, it would need to be disabled in this
instance.

Pete

jimg
Oregon
USA
Old February 27th 05, 07:14 PM
clifto

clifto wrote:
Pete KE9OA wrote:
"clifto" wrote...
If you'll send me a copy, I'll be glad to put it up on my web site.
Then you can send people to a URL instead of mailing over and over.

Pete has sent me a copy, and it's available at

http://www.clifto.com/ad607.jpg

sync detector Nicolas Boretos Homebrew 0 February 15th 05 12:29 PM
IF Shifting vs. Sync Detection Liberals for Guns Shortwave 21 August 21st 04 06:29 PM
MW Receiver / Sync Detector Pete KE9OA Shortwave 15 January 10th 04 06:23 AM
MW Receiver / Sync Detector starman Shortwave 1 January 6th 04 08:44 AM
AR7030 SYNC Problems Ottod Shortwave 1 August 13th 03 05:20 PM