Old October 28th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Question about feedline proximity

There's a particular spot at my home QTH that would be good for a
transmit antenna for 2 meters / 70 cm. Right now I'm picturing a j-
pole made of copper tubing in that spot. The only hitch is that one 20
to 25 ft long section of the coax feedline to this antenna will need
to run parallel to the coax feed to my hf receive-only loop. Within
this 20-25 ft long span, the feedlines would be separated by about a
foot.

How concerned should I be about this, given that I'll probably never
be using be using these antennas at the same time. I'm guessing the
effects would be negligible. Am I wrong?

Old October 28th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:59:40 -0700, Steve
wrote:

There's a particular spot at my home QTH that would be good for a
transmit antenna for 2 meters / 70 cm. Right now I'm picturing a j-
pole made of copper tubing in that spot. The only hitch is that one 20
to 25 ft long section of the coax feedline to this antenna will need
to run parallel to the coax feed to my hf receive-only loop. Within
this 20-25 ft long span, the feedlines would be separated by about a
foot.

How concerned should I be about this, given that I'll probably never
be using be using these antennas at the same time. I'm guessing the
effects would be negligible. Am I wrong?

You're OK as long as it's one or the other.
Old October 30th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

There's a particular spot at my home QTH that would be good for a
transmit antenna for 2 meters / 70 cm. Right now I'm picturing a j-
pole made of copper tubing in that spot. The only hitch is that one 20
to 25 ft long section of the coax feedline to this antenna will need
to run parallel to the coax feed to my hf receive-only loop. Within
this 20-25 ft long span, the feedlines would be separated by about a
foot.

How concerned should I be about this, given that I'll probably never
be using be using these antennas at the same time. I'm guessing the
effects would be negligible. Am I wrong?

- - You're OK as long as it's one or the other.

- What would be the outcome if both were used simulataneously
- and why.
- Dale

Dale [W4OP],

IF - By the same operator at the same time -possibly-
a state-of-confusion on the part of the operator ) ~ RHF
Old November 1st 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

.

One will couple into the other. Whether this matters is subject to
investigation.
Old November 2nd 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

On Oct 30, 3:55 pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

investigation.- Hide quoted text -

A greater issue then the 'proximity' of the two FeedLines may
be the 'proximity' of the two Antennas -If- both Antennas and
FeedLine Systems are used at the same time. ~ RHF

tuner - feedline - antenna question ? dansawyeror Antenna 160 March 3rd 07 08:56 AM
Stupid question on twin feedline (air) jawod Antenna 13 January 8th 06 03:02 AM
Could proximity to SW radios have effect? Radio Flyer Shortwave 1 December 12th 04 01:10 AM
Antenna wire proximity zeno Antenna 1 May 5th 04 04:53 PM
Two Antenna Mounting Proximity? Bob Scanner 3 November 19th 03 03:35 AM