Old November 21st 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GE Superadio III Discontinued!!

To the Group:

It isn't shortwave, but many of us here own a GE Superadio I, II, or
III. I have "bad news" and "good news."

The "bad news" is: there is no more GE Superadio III.

The 'good news" is that it appears that the radio has merely been
renamed RCA Superadio III (Model 7-2887), much as the Eton E5 is also
available as the Grundig G5 (same radio, different name, slightly
different cabinet materials), only, of course, the Eton and the
Grundig are both available.

The price appears to be the same and, I presume, the performance and
sound quality will remain the same. I cannot comment on the "iffy"
quality control.

It was, and I hope still is, one of the best AM/FM portable radios
being made today.

Best,

Joe
Old November 21st 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

To the Group:

It isn't shortwave, but many of us here own a GE Superadio I, II, or
III. I have "bad news" and "good news."

The "bad news" is: there is no more GE Superadio III.

The 'good news" is that it appears that the radio has merely been
renamed RCA Superadio III (Model 7-2887), much as the Eton E5 is also
available as the Grundig G5 (same radio, different name, slightly
different cabinet materials), only, of course, the Eton and the
Grundig are both available.

The price appears to be the same and, I presume, the performance and
sound quality will remain the same. I cannot comment on the "iffy"
quality control.

It was, and I hope still is, one of the best AM/FM portable radios
being made today.

I sure like my SRII, which I was fortunate enough to rescue in mint condition
for only about $6.

dxAce
Michigan
USA