Old December 4th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan?

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

On Dec 2, 3:25 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan? Or A Potential Job? Lead
[-]

No.

Have you ever accepted Payola or free piñatas?

The piñatas are a guaranteed fringe benefit, as are the Pollo Loco gift
cards.

Well, what about the Payola?

I don't select music, so that is a moot point.

Well, have you EVER selected music, and if so, have you ever accepted Payola?

Think real hard.

Old December 4th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 4, 3:33 pm, dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

On Dec 2, 3:25 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan? Or A Potential Job? Lead
[-]

No.

Have you ever accepted Payola or free piñatas?

The piñatas are a guaranteed fringe benefit, as are the Pollo Loco gift
cards.

Well, what about the Payola?

I don't select music, so that is a moot point.

Well, have you EVER selected music, and if so, have you ever accepted Payola?

Think real hard.- Hide quoted text -

My guess is that the only payment he's accepted stems from services
rendered in an airport restroom.
Old December 4th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

On Dec 2, 3:25 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan? Or A Potential Job? Lead
[-]

No.

Have you ever accepted Payola or free piñatas?

The piñatas are a guaranteed fringe benefit, as are the Pollo Loco
gift
cards.

Well, what about the Payola?

I don't select music, so that is a moot point.

Well, have you EVER selected music, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Think real hard.

It takes no thinking. Payola only exists as a legal concept in the US, and I
don't select music in the US. In fact, since payola is illegal in the US,
and there have been less than 10 indictments for it since the 50's, it is
very uncommon.

Old December 5th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Old December 5th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 5, 11:21 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Everyone in radio is now worthless baggage with worthless stock.

Old December 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

"I am a manager"

I bet, that you are real asshole to work under - ever had sex with a
subordinate in exchange for writing a glowing performance appraisal? I
hear those Latina women are real tigers in bed.
Old December 5th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't
simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal. And that you now claim to
have once owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question
is quite relevant.

Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a manager,
Interesting discrepancy.

Old December 5th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't
simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal.

Yes, it does.

And that you now claim to
have once owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question
is quite relevant.

A record label? Somewhere along the line I missed that one.

Quite interesting!

Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a manager,
Interesting discrepancy.

The ever changing story of David Frackelton Gleason.

Stay tuned!

Old December 5th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't
simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal.

Yes, it does.

And that you now claim to
have once owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question
is quite relevant.

A record label? Somewhere along the line I missed that one.

Check the thread in alt.radio.broadcasting headed

Who determines what artists get played on a corporate station's
holiday playlist?

The relevant post is here, in it's entirety:

"Danny T" wrote in message
On Nov 29, 11:34 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Danny T" wrote in message

You're right - this isn't me on my yacht with Gary Sinise this summer
when I took him sailing. I am a troll and those #1 songs that keep
paying for me to have fun are fake and I never was on MTV and all the
people that know me don't really.

You are a troll who misunderstands both radio and music, and believes a
minor record duck at a smaller Nashville label is a big shot.

You could claim to be Shrek for all I care... your posts thoroughly
discredit you as being in the music or radio industries.

And I'm really the Lone Ranger.

You really are a gas buddy. I've been posting here since about the
creation of the group and anyone that's been around for a while knows

I have visited the radio group for many many years, going back to when it
was a minor confusion with the real rec.radio.broadcasting. You did note
that one of your cross posts is to a RADIO group which is where your nasty,
lying and filthy comments accusing the industry of generalized payola were
particularly heinous. If you want to lie about radio, radio programmers and
how music is programmed, don't do it where you may actually find people who
are in the business.

I am not a troll. BTW, what is your background in music? I'd love to
know - really

My background is in radio broadcasting, although I owned a publishing
company and a small label at one time... outside the US.

OH- I think Jimmy will be on Kenny Chesney's boat again for christmas
out on St. John if you want to tell him yourself that he is a little
little duck.

He's a record duck for a smaller Nashville country label. Period. "Quack,
quack, play my record." And you seem to be a charter captain who dabbles
in music.

He might be on his own this winter though because Kenny
is a power boat kind of guy. (he has a 65 foot sea ray)

You are not Kenny. Kenny is actually a star and a great country artist. But
power boaters are the scourge of the Caribbean, especially when loaded with
drinking gringos.

Quite interesting!

Old December 5th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't
simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal.

Yes, it does.

And that you now claim to
have once owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question
is quite relevant.

A record label? Somewhere along the line I missed that one.

Check the thread in alt.radio.broadcasting headed

Who determines what artists get played on a corporate station's
holiday playlist?

The relevant post is here, in it's entirety:

And a publishing company as well... amazing!