Old December 3rd 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New Email Account

On Dec 3, 1:12 am, David wrote:
wrote:
In spite of my previous experience with posting a publicly accessible
Email account,
I decided to give it one more chance.
and are dead, abandoned
and inaccessible.

The new Email account is .

If hate filled spam shows up, I will gladly abandon the account.

A friend pointed out that while I posted a lot of 'useful' RFI
information, it will very likely raise as many questions as it
answers.

Terry

Isn't that a reason to ask and answer the questions on the group, rather
than by private email?

That is a belief that I held for many years.
But this afternoon a friend pointed out that there are many who lurk
in this and
other groups.

I have received several Emails with questions that the writers were
unwilling to
"share" with the world. Some serious SWLs are rather shy. When Will's
stopRFI
Yahoo Group was in operation he received many questions that might
appear to
be "silly".

Many SLWs do not have a technical background and information that is
very common
in technical circles is poor or mis information floating around.
Wive's tales is a good
term.

As to Telemon's comments regarding spam, while I don't like spam, I
accept it as a
fact of life. What I will no longer tolerate is hate filled, insane
ravings. With any luck
I can block such Emails and avoid a lot of unpleasantness.

Several years ago I mentioned some details of a cyber stalker. A true
loon decided
that some rather innocent comments on a simple but effective antenna,
a random
wire with a 9:1 step down transformer feeding the coax, flipped this
guy off big time.

After some help from some real IT gurus, and $100 bucks, I was able to
nail the SOB and
get him sent back to prison to serve the rest of his term for computer
fraud. To bad he died
a few months back, And since he was a lone wolf, it doesn't appear
that I have anyone out
to nail me for my opinions.

Even if everything I say is utter BS, I am not planing on selling
anything, so any mistakes
are the result of muddy thinking or maybe I don't understand RFI as
well as I think. Who
knows.

I am not setting myself up as a RFI guru or Elmer, but I do hope to be
able to provide links to
good RF links that will help the non technical SWL gain enough skill
to try the simpler
improvements.

The best SWL I personally know is a retired Linguistics Prof from a
local university. Between
him and his wife they speak at least 15 languages. But he would have
trouble finding, much
less replacing a fuse. Over the last summer Will and I were able to
upgrade him from a 100'
random wire to a quieter antenna.

And like I said, if another cyber stalker or hate filled lunatic
decides to mail bomb me, I can
always walk away. Given my health situation, messed up right arm,
useless right hand,
I can't really do any real electronic work, so this gives me a chance
to keep the old brain
pumping and to debug the Dragon speak and type program.

Terry
Old December 3rd 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is a belief that I held for many years.
But this afternoon a friend pointed out that there are many who lurk
in this and
other groups.

I have received several Emails with questions that the writers were
unwilling to
"share" with the world. Some serious SWLs are rather shy. When Will's
stopRFI
Yahoo Group was in operation he received many questions that might
appear to
be "silly".

Terry. As a former poster in this newsgroup four- five years ago
(under a different monicker) I can attest to that. I would receive
anywhere from two to five emails a week with the emailer stating
basically what you just said. :-) Good luck on the new account and
helping people.

New Email Account Telamon Shortwave 0 December 3rd 07 01:11 AM
testing account Datamax CB 0 April 4th 07 10:01 AM
Shortwave group.Check up email and maildrop still valid? controle of email / maildrop adres nog geldig is. Alpha Lima Shortwave 1 April 28th 04 03:56 PM
George's AOL account Radioman CB 3 December 11th 03 01:47 AM
Darrel You here?Send me your email address.I did not get your email. Its Me Again ! Swap 0 November 6th 03 02:50 AM