Old December 17th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW] -or- Redsun RP2100-or- Kaito KA2100 Radio

On Dec 17, 6:57 am, Radioguy wrote:
On Dec 13, 6:53 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:

"Radioguy" wrote in message

On Dec 12, 7:53 pm, "Unrevealed Source"
wrote:
Crane replaces the ferrite antenna with a better set of two (twin ferrite
antennas), that is said to offer significant improvement in reception.
Whether it's worth the extra $ is a matter of opinion, of course.

"Von Fourche" wrote in message

wrote in message

I have the Redsun RP2100 which is the same as the CC Crane SW.
It's MW AM band and FM reception is the best I have ever experienced.
See:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6055

It is also the same as the Kaito KA2100 which is an absolute bargain
for $90 at:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html

The CC Crane SW for $150 is the same as the Kaito KA2100 for $90?-

I believe both radios have two coils on one rod. I believe Crane has
made it a central part of their advertising.

So the CC Crane SW radio is the same as the Kaito?

Here's the situation - my brothers CC Radio is old and on it's last legs
although it does pick up stations and the sound is all fine. I was
thinking - either
get him a new CC Radio or maybe get him the CC Crane SW/Kaito radio.- Hide quoted text -

There's been a lot of discussion about this radio on the Yahoo
group. If it were me I would go for the Kaito or the Chinese branded
unit. OTOH if he likes CCrane branded products I would spend the
extra $$ and get him a nice xmas present.- Hide quoted text -

For One and All,

Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
-or- Redsun RP2100 -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio :

The one main reason for going with the C. Crane Co.
CCRadio-SW is the 30-Day Return Policy and the USA
1-Year Manufactures Warranty*. C. Crane Price $150
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwa...cradio-sw.aspx

* This also applies to the Kaito KA2100 Radio too :
$109 - http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
$100 - http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka2100.html
$90 - http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html

The Redsun RP2100 Radio* on eBay - Prices-Out around $100.
http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka2100.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260130288309
* Requires Extra 220V to 110V AC Adapter {Included}.

IMHO - Universal-Radio currently has the "Best Price" on
the Redsun RP2100 Radio; being sold under the Kaito-USA
Brand Name as the Kaito KA2100 Radio*; plus it comes with
the Kaito-USA 1-Year Manufactures Warranty and the
Universal-Radio 14 Day Return Policy.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/intro.html
* Includes US 110V AC Adapter {WallWart}

~ RHF
Old December 17th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

1-Year Manufactures Warranty*. C. Crane Price $150http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwave-radios/ccradio-sw.aspx

$90 -http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/2100.html

The Redsun RP2100 Radio* on eBay - Prices-Out around $100.http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka21...mZ260130288309
* Requires Extra 220V to 110V AC Adapter {Included}.

IMHO - Universal-Radio currently has the "Best Price" on
the Redsun RP2100 Radio; being sold under the Kaito-USA
Brand Name as the Kaito KA2100 Radio*; plus it comes with
the Kaito-USA 1-Year Manufactures Warranty and the
Universal-Radio 14 Day Return Policy.http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/intro.html
* Includes US 110V AC Adapter {WallWart}

~ RHF

Good advice.
Old December 18th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CC Radio Shortwave - How is It?

Discounter Heartland America is selling a rebranded Redsun/Kaito 2100 as a
Silicon Scientific for $50.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...01013&DL=SCH6#

RP2000 is the Redsun export model and RP2100 is the Chinese domestic market.
See
www.radiointel.com/oldnews.htm

Old December 18th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Redsun RP2100 Radio -vice- The Redsun RP2000 Radio : Are They TheSame ?

- On Dec 17, 5:01 pm, "M Peraaho"
- wrote:
- Discounter Heartland America is selling a rebranded
- Redsun/Kaito 2100 as a Silicon Scientific for $50.
-
- http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...l-shortwave-ra...
-
- RP2000 is the Redsun export model and RP2100
- is the Chinese domestic market.
- See - www.radiointel.com/oldnews.htm
-

For One and All,

Redsun RP2100 Radio -vice- The Redsun RP2000 Radio :
Question - Are They The Same ?

Yes the Redsun RP2100 Radio and the Redsun RP2000 Radio
sure do 'look' the same on the outside :
* Button-for-Button
* Control-for-Control
* Connector-for-Connector
* LCD Icon for LCD Icon
* FM Stereo AM Dual Conversion
* PLL Synthesized World Band Receiver

Except for the Chinese Writing on the Redsun RP2100 Radio
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260130288309
and the English Writing on the Redsun RP2000 Radio
-aka- Silicon Scientific Model RP2000 Radio
http://www.hlaimages2.com/prod_images/500/75498.jpg
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...adio&PIN=54168

But are they the same on the Inside ?

Do they both have the same Technical Specifications ?

Who Know For Sure ?

i want to know . . . ~ RHF
Old December 18th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

According to the Radio Intel website the Redsun 2000 and 2100 are the same,
one is the export model, one is the domestic Chinese model

www.radiointel.com/oldnews.htm - scroll down to "New Models from a New
Radio Company - Redsun Electronics

Mentioned is that they will be introducing some new PLL AM/FM/SW models very
soon. The first model to be introduced is the RP2000 (export) and RP2100
(for Chinese domestic sales) . This model will featu dual conversion ,
1st IF: 55.845MHz, MCU control, 8 IC, FM/MW/SW1/2/3, FM/SW external antenna
terminal, MW external antenna terminal (500 ohm), AM IF output for
CW/SSB/DRM/SSTV, Narrow/Wide/RF Gain, Stereo earphone output, Line out and a
5-inch speaker.