Old December 23rd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eton E1 S/N 1902

In article ,
"Pete KE9OA" wrote:

I received it yesterday. Performance is pretty good, with the
exception of the crummy low contrast display. MW performance is
similar to a good auto radio when using the whip antenna. I did try
out the radio with a Radio Shack passive loop antenna. MW performance
is pretty respectable with this configuration, although you have to
keep the loop antenna away from the display in order to not pick up
that radiated hash. I wouldn't want to pay 400 or 500 dollars for
this radio, but at 239 dollars shipped, it is a good deal. It reminds
me of a giant sized Sangean ATS-909, although performance is scaled
up a bit. If the display backlight could be changed to yellow, the
contrast would improve a bit. Somebody must have been drunk when they
implemented that part of the design.

Did you adjust the display contrast knob located behind the back tilt
door?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Eton E1 S/N 1902 RHF Shortwave 1 December 23rd 07 06:16 AM
Eton E5 voyager2007 Shortwave 7 July 20th 07 04:57 PM
Help - Eton E5 and SSB Arthur Dent[_2_] Shortwave 7 July 17th 07 08:43 AM
ABOUT - The Eton {Etón} 'Elite' E5 AM/FM Shortwave Radio - Part II - RHF Shortwave 4 February 15th 06 12:23 AM
Eton E1XM Radio "News & Info" / Who has the Eton E1 XM Radio "For Sale" ? / Locating an Eton E1 XM Radio to Buy ! RHF Shortwave 0 August 16th 05 03:37 AM