Old January 10th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Receiver News: Grundig Satellite 750

On Jan 10, 5:40*am, Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 8, 2:44*pm, dxAce wrote:

Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 7, 6:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
Looks kinda retro to me.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0750.html

Certainly looks like an interesting radio. *The real signal meter and
rotatable AM antenna definitely harken back to classics like the
RF2200. *Wonder what the tuning resolution is. *A $300 price tag will
require more than good sounding audio.

Hopefully Universal will have some additional info up on it soon.

I'm actually looking forward to the 750 and hoping it delivers good
performance with well thought out controls. *A through review will
help to separate some of the nonsense (negative and positive) that
surrounds this latest radio. *The Eton E1 was a fine radio in many
respects, but I think it suffered from feature overload. *The
manufacturer focused electronic controls but scrimped on the AM
antenna. *I'll probably look for the Chinese branded version of the
750 since that name is truer to it's roots.

- There is an unfortunate amount of unsubstantiated salesmans
- hype about the 750 radio being repeated by one individual on
- Dxing.info. *It's so incessant I wonder if he is not connected
- to either Eton or the manufacturer.

The Etón E1 has been discontinued!
http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=2433
-by screen name- Jin Changge
-host- DXing.Info {Community -aka- Newsgroup}

The Sample of Tecsun S2000 has come out! Better than E1/909?
http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=2428
Old January 10th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 8, 2:44*pm, dxAce wrote:

Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 7, 6:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Hype like this:
"The recently announced Grundig Satellit 750 is an exciting new
portable that brings the world to you!"
Old January 25th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The New Grundig Satellite 750 Radio - What's the TuningResolution for Shortwave AM and SSB ?

On 9 ÑÎ×, 20:32, RHF wrote:
On Jan 8, 11:39šam, Radioguy wrote:

On Jan 7, 6:25špm, dxAce wrote:

Looks kinda retro to me.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0750.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- Certainly looks like an interesting radio. š
- The real signal meter and rotatable AM antenna
- definitely harken back to classics like the RF2200. š

- ? Wonder what the tuning resolution is. ?

Anyone Got The Answer as to the "Tuning Resolution"
of the new Grundig Satellit 750 Radio for both :
Shortwave AM __ kHz ?
Shortwave SSB __ Hz ?

Hello - Someone get on the Telephone and give Eton Corp
[Grundig Radio of North America] a Call and Get-the-4-1-1
on the Tuning Resolution of the Grundig Satellit 750 Radio.

- A $300 price tag will require more than good sounding audio.

i want to know ~ RHF
š.

In addition for it's unicue design of Grundig 750,why no colored
display???
No spectrum scope-it'so easy to make with modern tecnology!!!!
When they understand at long last what we need?
Old January 25th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The New Grundig Satellite 750 Radio - What's the TuningResol...

We need good: Front end, IF, stability. Everything else is
immaterial for HF reception.