Old January 13th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is Eton E1-XM made in India?

Is Eton E1-XM made in India? Thanks!
Old January 13th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 13, 7:42�am, radioradio wrote:
Is Eton E1-XM made in India? Thanks!

Grundig used to be made in Germany, so Grundig is hoping that
consumers will continue to buy their crappy products, under false
pretenses.

Old January 13th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Jan 13, 7:42*am, radioradio wrote:
Is Eton E1-XM made in India? Thanks!

Radio is assembled in India with components from a variety of
countries
Old January 13th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 13, 9:03 am, dxAce wrote:
IBOCcrock wrote:
On Jan 13, 7:42�am, radioradio wrote:
Is Eton E1-XM made in India? Thanks!

Grundig used to be made in Germany,

And Portugal.

And China!

Joe

Old January 13th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 13, 7:42*am, radioradio wrote:
Is Eton E1-XM made in India? Thanks!

Depends on what your definition of " made" is. It is assembled there
by a company with a long history in making communications equipment.
Old January 13th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe is my ''brother'',,,,,, he and I think alike.(I think) I want a hand
held scanner radio that can scan Everything.Perhaps I should get me
married Irish lady friend over yonder in Bognor Regis,England to snail
mail me ''something''? We all have the Right to listen to Anything and
Everything.
cuhulin, the Shadow Knows

Old January 14th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thank you for your information.
Old January 14th 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Eton E1-XM Radio -is- Assembled in India -by- Bharat ElectronicsLtd (BEL)

On Jan 13, 4:42*am, radioradio wrote:
-
? Is Eton E1-XM made in India?
- Thanks!
-

The Eton E1-XM Radio -is- Assembled in India
-by- Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)

-aka- Eton E1 Radio / Grundig G1 Radio
and the future : Grundig Satellit 1000 Radio

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
http://groups.google.co.za/group/rec...40243a837384ac
From: "junius"
Date: 15 Feb 2007 18:13:23 -0800
Subject: Grundig G1 [Eton E1 XM] Radios

"Made in India, actually. But we've gone through this more than once
in
this group. Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL) puts the E1 together.
BEL, as in the Indian public sector defense firm.

http://www.asdsource.com/source_deta...ited_-_BEL.htm

ABOUT - Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL) - Bangalore, India
With over four decades of manufacturing experience Bharat Electronics
Limited operates under the administration control of Indian Ministry
of Defense ( Department of Defense Production and Supplies )
pioneering in the professional electronics movement in India.

http://defensenews.com/index.php?S=06top100

So, buy your E1/G1 and contribute to the profit that BEL
turns over to the Gov't of India (and yes, BEL regularly
turns over a profit to the GOI).

http://pib.nic.in/release/rel_print_...sp?relid=21377

But, true, the Eton/Grundig/Lextronix E1/G1 is not made in Germany.
Nor is it made in Portugal, as the Grundig Satellits 400, 500, 650,
700 were.

By the way, can anyone in this group tell us which was the last
shortwave radio that Grundig mass produced from production
facilities in Germany?"