Old January 18th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Interesting Story - BBC

I just heard this on the BBC News Hour, 15400, at 2040, so I went and looked it
up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL18489146

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 19th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 18, 12:43*pm, dxAce wrote:
-
- I just heard this on the BBC News Hour, 15400, at 2040,
- so I went and looked it up.
-
- http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL18489146
-
- dxAce
- Michigan
- USA
-

DX Ace,

On one hand we have the Swiss only giving out 5-Years* for the
Murder of a Human Being and then letting the Killer-Out Early.
* I have to Wonder about the Fairness and Appropriateness of
the Swiss Justice System.

On the other hand we have the Russians Rewarding* a Man
who Executed the Man Responsible for the Deaths of 71
Russian Citizens most of whom were Children.
* IMHO Within Russia - The Russians Did The Right Thing.

~ RHF
Old January 19th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
I just heard this on the BBC News Hour, 15400, at 2040, so I went and looked it
up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSL18489146

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I used to run a news department in Houston. A middle aged man signed up
as an unpaid intern, did **** work (e.g. taping the City Council;
catching feeds and archiving, etc.), and eventually got an official City
of Houston press pass. He did all this so he could have access to court
proceedings in Dallas, where it turns out his family had been killed
when a jumbo jet tried to land in a thunderstorm.

Interesting Ham related Story Steven R. Adell - KF2TI Policy 1 February 11th 06 07:41 PM
(OT) Story of the Day 1 [email protected] Shortwave 1 September 28th 05 01:10 AM
Top Story [email protected] Shortwave 0 July 17th 05 07:40 AM
Interesting story Simon Mason Shortwave 3 June 26th 04 02:52 AM
(OT) Interesting Kerry Story N8KDV Shortwave 0 May 5th 04 01:08 PM