Old February 22nd 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default For Telamon

http://www.rwonline.com/ shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES, including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire article.

Old February 22nd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 22, 2:51�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
http://www.rwonline.com/shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES, including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire article..

"Don''t be put off by high power drain"

"I have just purchased my second Bush DAB radio (I left the first in a
hotel room and never had it returned) I have also owned the Ferguson
version which, I believe is the same but for the case and battery
compartment (Ferg uses 3 AAs). Yes they do use a lot of power but this
is understandable as the units use Digital to analogue converters
which are very power hungrydevices (feel the heat coming off your Sky
Box!). The trick is to use rechargable batteries (we should all do
this anyway for environmental reasons) - I use mine in bed every night
and frequently fall asleep with the unit on; using 2700 mAhr batteries
I get about 2 nights sleep out of them - Just have two sets - one on
charge and one on drain."

http://tinyurl.com/2uxork

"Nokia Music Internet Radio: Listen to the World Through Internet
Radio"

http://europe.nokia.com/A4668051

No matter what, digital to analogue converters are battery-hogs. No
one, is going to be interested in HD chipsets with cell phone
providers starting to provide access to Internet Radio. LOL!
Old February 22nd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message
On Feb 22, 2:51?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
http://www.rwonline.com/shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash
and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the
power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES,
including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both
consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire
article.

"Don''t be put off by high power drain"

None of the receivers with these new chips is even shipping, you idiot.

Old February 22nd 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 22, 4:20�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

[...]

No **** - they will still be battery-hogs. Did I state that I thought
that they had shipped - can you say "obsfucation"?
Old February 22nd 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

[...]

The article was about DAB receivers, not HD Radio receivers, you idiot!

Old February 23rd 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

http://www.rwonline.com/ shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES, including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire article.

I don't have subscription but I did just subscribe.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 23rd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

http://www.rwonline.com/ shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES, including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire article.

I looked at the SiPort web page and the company is just a shell company
composed of management types. The news and events page just states "stay
tuned." This has not changed since last spring when I looked them up.
http://www.siport.com/news.htm

I can only find two Radio World articles about them from last spring and
one even older article about them here from 2005, which is a press
release from the CEO.
http://www.intelportfolio.com/CPS/CoProfile.aspx?co_id=962

The Samsung semiconductor web page does not have these part numbers. The
prefix does not appear to be a part of their part numbering scheme. Try
your luck here and let me know if you find anything.
http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...ctsearch/param
etricsearch/ProductSearch_ParametricSearch_List.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 23rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

[...]

Pardon me for replying to my own post but here is some information from
TI. The following link is their concept HD radio, which could also be
used for other digital radio formats such as DRM. The information here
is kind of dated. TI produces entire lines of DSP/CPU chips that can be
programed to do just just about anything you would want.

What is significant to note here is that they have not developed a
reference design, or have application notes, and have not developed any
specific tools for this application. Since iBiquity owns this
proprietary software scheme you would have to have a license for a copy
on the EEPROM in the block diagram.
http://focus.ti.com/docs/solution/fo...P=OTC-dsp_solu
tions_newsletter&HQS=Other+NL+dmedianewsaug06contr ibhd#pr

Note that the news release at the bottom is 2/6/2006.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 23rd 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
http://www.rwonline.com/ shows the cover of the current Radio World
magazine, where the lead article is about the Samsung chip, built around a
SHDR100A peripheral processor and the SDHR200A main processor and flash and
RAM memory and which is currently available. The article discusses the power
requirements and all kinds of other HD developments shown at CES, including
the SiPort chip, which is also available to manufacturers now. Both consume
between 120 and 180 mW of power. Both chips are intended for integrated
devices.

If you qualify for an online subscription, you can read the entire article.

That's 20 times too much power. That would drain a cellphone in a
couple hours.
Old February 23rd 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

IBOCcrock wrote:
[...]

XM receivers have DACs and use less than 10 mA.

Telamon Burr Shortwave 1 January 21st 08 12:17 AM
Ping: Telamon Al Shortwave 1 March 17th 06 07:07 PM
Telamon please email me [email protected] Shortwave 12 April 28th 05 03:12 AM
Ping Telamon Burr Shortwave 1 April 17th 05 12:27 AM
Telamon Burr Shortwave 11 February 20th 05 09:38 PM