Old February 24th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default David Gleason's 'baptismal' moniker

In article ,
msg wrote:

msg wrote:

From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,

Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name, Eduardo,
was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or verify
this assertion; considering that there seems to be no accessible
evidence to the contrary, why do folks continue to question the
validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed as 'Eduardo'
or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other version of the name?

I should have check the archives of this N.G.; from a post by 'David
Eduardo' in Feb. 2007:

My mother selected the name, and the godparents "gave it" at the
ceremony... as in "they gave the response" That's the way it is
done. The priest asks the godparents, "and what name have you
selected..." and the godparents respond. The person who decided on
the name can be the parents, or the whole family, I suppose. In my
case, it was my mother... who used a name she liked from when she
lived in Europe whjich was, as required, also the name of a saint.

So why does this name-calling persist? Are the participants invested
in some Lemon-Mathau "Grumpy Old Men" style of rivalry? There are
never any emoticons or cues to the intensity of remarks so one can
only conclude that they are either done in animosity or in
poorly-constructed mock indignation, left up to the reader to deduce.

Well Michael you picked an odd time to bring this up seeing as it has
died down. Maybe you are just bored? Troll someplace else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Telamon wrote:

snip

So why does this name-calling persist? Are the participants invested
in some Lemon-Mathau "Grumpy Old Men" style of rivalry? There are
never any emoticons or cues to the intensity of remarks so one can
only conclude that they are either done in animosity or in
poorly-constructed mock indignation, left up to the reader to deduce.

Well Michael you picked an odd time to bring this up seeing as it has
died down. Maybe you are just bored? Troll someplace else.

I am just getting very disillusioned with the state of some Usenet
N.G.s that used to be informative and technically useful and have
become the arenas for bad behavior.

Suggestions to "ignore posts or threads" from certain originators
doesn't improve the S/N ratio, or make navigating any easier. The
ongoing noise level also dissuades new participants and repels
veterans.

There has been some recent discussion about reforming the charter
or at least the FAQ for this N.G.; I would like to see a clear
code of conduct as an amendment.

Look to comp.arch.embedded for a well behaved unmoderated N.G. with
truly outstanding participants and a lot of useful content.

Michael
Old February 24th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
msg wrote:

Telamon wrote:

snip

[...]

I don't know what it will take to clean this news group up. Some people
that use the news group invite this kind of crap. This news group has
seen better days.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
msg wrote:

Telamon wrote:

snip

[...]

No damn sunspots, no damn shortwave.
Old February 24th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : David Gleason's 'Baptismal' Moniker

snip

-
- Suggestions to "ignore posts or threads" from certain
- originators doesn't improve the S/N ratio, or make navigating
- any easier. The ongoing noise level also dissuades new
- participants and repels veterans.
-
- There has been some recent discussion about reforming
- the charter or at least the FAQ for this N.G.; I would like
- to see a clear code of conduct as an amendment.
-
- Look to comp.arch.embedded for a well behaved unmoderated
- N.G. with truly outstanding participants and a lot of useful
content.
-
- Michael
-

MSG,

Nice Idea but . . .

Does No Good without a Core Group of Active Moderators
and an old-time UseNet Group like Rec.Radio.Shortwave is
not set-up to Moderate across all the possible entry-points
into it.

Requires a new forum that has a single entry-point and
is by-design a Moderated Group.

* Google Groups - http://groups.google.com/

+ plus their are many others . . .

Are two such Moderated Group Forums. ~ RHF

=PS= Telamon is ready to call everyone a "Troll" -but-
in-fact Telamon is himself a "Trill" in the continued Game
of Newsgroup "Ping-Pong" with and about d'Eduardo.
[ Ping-Pong ~ Trill-Troll ]

da trill of it all - pong ! ~ RHF

Old February 24th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 23, 7:06*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*msg wrote:
msg wrote:

*Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Making You Telamon a "Trill" in the continued Game
of Newsgroup "Ping-Pong" with and about d'Eduardo.

~ RHF
Old February 24th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 6:56�pm, msg wrote:
�Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,

� Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
� Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. �I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

...Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

Michael

He used "Eduardo" to get a job with the now private, in-retreat
Univision, since he is only a high-scool dropout with a lousy podunk
GED. It is also going to make it harder for Univision to fire/layoff
him. Because of this, he feels very insecure, hense the need to
continually joist with us educated folk. Hell, my company wouldn't
even consider him, as they require at least a high school diploma and
US citizenship.
Old February 24th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 6:56?pm, msg wrote:
?Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

Actually, I was employed by Hispanic Broadcasting Corp. and prior to that,
by Heftel Broadcasting which merged to form HBC. HBC was bought by
Univision, and I had been with the company for about 10 years then.

And, of course, you always neglect to mention that I dropped out of school
because I was bored to death, and built my own radio station, the first Top
40 station in South America. Idiots don't build #1 radio stations.

It is also going to make it harder for Univision to fire/layoff
him.

Why? 75% of our workforce is Hispanic. One more or one less is hardly
significant, and certainly not anything that makes me a member of a
protected class. In fact, the protected class I belong to is "making #1
radio stations" as I have always done; I hold a record in the US for having
programmed the FM station, in a top 50 market, with the longest run of
consecutive #1 ratings periods... 22 years.

Because of this, he feels very insecure, hense the need to
continually joist with us educated folk. Hell, my company wouldn't
even consider him, as they require at least a high school diploma and
US citizenship.

Fortunately, in my field we are talent driven and one's achievements, not
their education, are the most important factors. By the way, during the
several years I went to ASU, I got over 100 credits and a GPU of 4 and was
on the Deans List consistently.... not having a US High School Diploma
apparently did not matter much, did it?

Old February 24th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 6:56?pm, msg wrote:
?Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,

SNIP

Look what you guys have done. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
msg wrote:

From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,
Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

...Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

This is all self perpetuated.
He is this news groups #2 Troll.
What part of this do you not understand?
Maybe you are trying for the 3rd slot?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF and David - One in the same? [email protected] Shortwave 21 September 22nd 07 11:55 PM
Het David [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 25th 06 06:22 PM
Thank You, David Whiny_cuntWoger Policy 1 November 4th 05 12:52 PM
DAVID THE VIP? Brian Hill Shortwave 2 February 12th 05 06:10 AM
Bye, Bye, David Tolassi bignose bob0 Policy 0 December 26th 03 04:08 AM