Old February 23rd 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default David Gleason's 'baptismal' moniker

From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,
Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

....Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

Michael
Old February 24th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

msg wrote:

From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,

Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

I should have check the archives of this N.G.; from a post
by 'David Eduardo' in Feb. 2007:

My mother selected the name, and the godparents "gave it" at the
ceremony... as in "they gave the response" That's the way it is done. The
priest asks the godparents, "and what name have you selected..." and the
godparents respond. The person who decided on the name can be the parents,
or the whole family, I suppose. In my case, it was my mother... who used a
name she liked from when she lived in Europe whjich was, as required, also
the name of a saint.

So why does this name-calling persist? Are the participants invested in
some Lemon-Mathau "Grumpy Old Men" style of rivalry? There are never any
emoticons or cues to the intensity of remarks so one can only conclude
that they are either done in animosity or in poorly-constructed mock
indignation, left up to the reader to deduce.

Michael

Michael
Old February 24th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 6:56�pm, msg wrote:
�Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

He used "Eduardo" to get a job with the now private, in-retreat
Univision, since he is only a high-scool dropout with a lousy podunk
GED. It is also going to make it harder for Univision to fire/layoff
him. Because of this, he feels very insecure, hense the need to
continually joist with us educated folk. Hell, my company wouldn't
even consider him, as they require at least a high school diploma and
US citizenship.
Old February 24th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 7:19�pm, msg wrote:
msg wrote:
�Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

Michael- Hide quoted text -

Could you decipher that for us educated folks?
Old February 24th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 4:19 pm, msg wrote:
msg wrote:
Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

I agree with you. I see no need to abuse Eduardo on a personal level.
Now calling him an IBOC shill is fine because that is what he is.
What's next, rude comments about his mother?

Old February 24th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 8:12�pm, wrote:
On Feb 23, 4:19 pm, msg wrote:

msg wrote:
�Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

What's next, rude comments about his mother?- Hide quoted text -

When I can think of one, I'll post it. Ah, remember that time Eduardo
called Brenda a Nazi?
Old February 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
msg wrote:

From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,
Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

...Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

This is all self perpetuated.
He is this news groups #2 Troll.
What part of this do you not understand?
Maybe you are trying for the 3rd slot?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
msg wrote:

msg wrote:

From www.davidgleason.com:

[...]

Well Michael you picked an odd time to bring this up seeing as it has
died down. Maybe you are just bored? Troll someplace else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
wrote:

On Feb 23, 7:19?pm, msg wrote:
msg wrote:
?Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

[...]

Yeah it's a Troll.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 24th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"msg" wrote in message
From www.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,
Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

It came from the years my mother spent in Europe in the early 20's.

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

While the name is Spanish, a name does not make a person "Hispanic." The US
definition of the term shows "Hispanic" to be a cultural identifier, not an
ethnic or racial one (and this is supported by the fact that the "Hispanic
Question" in the Census is separate from the race question.). Since I have
lived in Latin America for more than 3/4 of my life, speak Spanish much more
than English, including in the home and with my children, I fit the
definition of "Hispanic" by virtue of culture. In simple terms, I have never
watched Seinfeld but never missed El Derecho de Nacer.

...Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

It's a normal reaction to my comments on HD Radio and the death of AM, and,
consequentially, DX on the Medium wave band.

RHF and David - One in the same? [email protected] Shortwave 21 September 22nd 07 11:55 PM
Het David [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 25th 06 06:22 PM
Thank You, David Whiny_cuntWoger Policy 1 November 4th 05 12:52 PM
DAVID THE VIP? Brian Hill Shortwave 2 February 12th 05 06:10 AM
Bye, Bye, David Tolassi bignose bob0 Policy 0 December 26th 03 04:08 AM