Old February 25th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default For Telamon

On Feb 24, 8:04*pm, wrote:
Did the Isettas come with a radio? Hoot Mon!,,, I Guarantee y'all all of
them didn't.When I was in the Army, I was at Scott Air Force
Base,Illinois (back and forth between SAF and SL-60 near
Pacific,Missouri) in 1963, I spent ten months there.One day at SAF, I
saw a little red 1958 BMW Isetta scooting around.I noticed that Isetta
turned off at one of the Aircraft Hangers at SAF.Next day, as soon as I
got time enough to go check it out, I went over there and I asked about
that little car.I bought that little car for $350.00 from the Air Force
Officer who owned that little car.A few months later, when I found out I
was going to Vietnam, *I sold the car to an Army Captain.I still have
the great big owners/operators manual that came with that little car,
the original owner of that little car was a woman in Germany, she bought
that little car brand new, in Germany.Let me tell y'all, the
owners/operators manual is a manual to drool over, Literally! Why don't
U.S.A.auto factories include owners/operators manuals with the cars they
crank out for the sheeple to buy?

Did my little 1958 BMW Isetta car have a radio???,,, are you kidding!
That little one cylinder air cooled 9 horsepower engine was LOUD enough,
it wouldn't have made any sense at all to install radios in those little
cars.Sometimes, some of those guys at SAF used to pick up my litle red
car (it only weighed 700 pounds or less) and they would hide it behind
one of those evergreen bushies at SAF.

On wet rainy days/nights, diving my little red car across the old Eads
Bridge between East Saint Louis,Illinois and Saint Louis,Missouri,
across the Mississippi River, it used to scare the coon dog crap out of
me! I am Glad I got rid of that little red death trap on wheels car.

Say cuzz, Fun and Games with furrin (foreign) cars.www.foreignaffairs.us/solutions.php

I don't ever want any more furrin cars, they are all CRAP! I have also
owned three air cooled VWs before, so I reckon I ought to know.

Why is a 1958 BMW Isetta car similar to my 1914 Model T Ford Runabout
Roadster Car? One seat, one door.
cuhulin

Cuhulin - The was a Great Story. ~ RHF

For Telamon David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 72 February 25th 08 02:37 PM
What is a 'telamon' msg Shortwave 16 February 25th 08 07:24 AM
Telamon Burr Shortwave 1 January 21st 08 12:17 AM
Telamon Burr Shortwave 11 February 20th 05 09:38 PM