Old February 29th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Just Read That iBiquity Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales!

On Feb 29, 4:32Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Feb 29, 4:15Â*pm, wrote:

On Feb 29, 2:31Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

On Feb 29, 1:03�am, Rfburns wrote:

Took a trip to the local Best Buy to check on the status of HD radiosales. �Same three units still there - imagine that. �This stuff is
hot - and a college town at �that.

JustreadthatiBiquityhashiredanewV.P.ofsales�- �a Mr. Stocks
fromMyerEmco. �Seems I've seen that guy on TV a few years back
selling Ginsu knives or something like that. �OK, maybe it was laundry
detergent.

In making the announcement, Bernie Sapienza,iBiquity'sVice President
of Retail Business Development, said, "We are happy to bring JR on
board at this important time, when the growth in HD Radio products at
retail is increasing. We will rely on him to work with our retail and
manufacturing partners to build HD Radio technology's presence at
retail."

SeemsiBiquitymight want to start with a little honesty about their
current state ofsales, or lack of. � The dudes atiBiquityare spin-
masters. �At least Ginsu knives work.

AlsoreadthatiBiquitywill not support any further development of AM
HD beyond the current state. �That should send a shiver to those boys
currently transmitting AM HD.

TheseiBiquitydudes are techno-wizards. �Even a school boy with a
rudimentary understanding of amplitude modulation schemes knows there
is no way to transition from an analog signal to a digital one without
taking huge chunks of bandwidth. Unless you want if to sound like a
cell phone.

Welcome aboard the Titanic JR.

jw

Subject: Google Finance Post
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

"Hey, we are all entitled to our opinions. Â*I would appreciate your
not having attacked me in your post on the google finance site.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to remove it if that is at all
possible. If I knew you or you knew me, Â*or perhaps I had a done
something that deserved such a comment, that would be one thing. Â*I am
sure you have your opinions on IBOC, and are entitled to those. Â*You
are not entitled to an opinion of me when you do not know me."

Best Regards,
J. R. Stocks

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...rowse_thread/t....

I referred to Stocks as a loser on iNiquity's Google Finance site,
becauseMyerEmcowas a loser that went out of business. Yea, a real
nice guy that should be considered a criminal, along with the rest of
iNiquity's employees, for this monopoly to take over our airways
through adjacent-channel interference! Â*Maybe, he doen't realize that
since he has been in the news, he is considered a public figure, and
is legally open to criticism.

Funny- no one told be me that we had gone out of business. Â*Check your
facts, Myer-Emco is very much in business, and has been for 52 years.
Rationalizing a personal attack of someone you do not know, simply
because they are in the news, is pretty weak ground. Â*I am not sure
what your beef with J.R. is, but I would certainly vouch for his
credibility and capabilities.
Signed- Jon Myer, Owner- Myer-Emco Audio/Video
How about you signing your name to your attack as well? Your comments
are in the public domain, are they not?- Hide quoted text -

MyerEmco got bought out - don't have a beef with him, except all
iBiquity employees should be held responsible for supporting the
highjacking of our airways. Let's see, what happens when Congress
finishes its investigation of the FCC - hopefully, this scam called HD
Radio will be brought to the publics' attention and those responsible
are prosecuted.- Hide quoted text -

Look at the pathetic number of hits on your website - in your case,
being out-of-business, and being bought-out, might as well be one-in-
the-same:

http://tinyurl.com/3agsc2

Another farce.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

J. R. Stocks must be second rate if he wants to spar with people on
Goggle Newsgroups, etc. Â*Pretty low class, but than again typical for
a second rate company with a second rate product like iBiquiity HD.
Especially with their questionable ethics. They have first-rate
spinmasters though. Â* Just my opinion on all this though.

Also Interesting that Â* feels the need to sound so
threatening. Â*Who is that fellow anyway?

J. R., you’ve got your hands full convincing retail and manufacturing
partners to make and sell a blatantly defective product. Â*I think you
should return to Ginsu knives and laundry detergent myself. Â*But then
again just my opinion.

Let me know if I can help you with your new venture J. R. Â*I’m always
available

jw- Hide quoted text -

Stocks must have gotten "Daddy" to come to the rescue.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

Well, look who's selling these empty radios:

"Introducing HD Radio at MyerEmco"

http://www.myer-emco.com/hd_radio/

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

I love it. Â*Major stores like Best Buy and Radio Shack can't sell
them. Â*No-name companies like Radiosophy can't sell them. Â*QVC and
Ford couldn't give them away. Â*Now they've moved on to this Myer-Emco
that neither I or anybody else has heard of. Â*I swear I remember them
years ago selling gimmicky products like radio-toaster combinations
and other junk that no one wanted.

Ibiquity HD radio investors must be pulling their hair out at this
nonsense. Â*All the while, goofballs like this Bernie Sapienza spin
their BS about Â*"this important time, when the growth in HD Radio
products at retail is increasing." Â*This J. R. Stocks can't have much
on the ball either if he connects himself up with iBiquity.

jw- Hide quoted text -

JR and Stocks are two loser peas-in-a-pod. It is interesting that
iNiquity just hired Stocks for retail and another clown to stir up
international interest in HD, which there is zero in Europe. Digital
radio is failing everywhere, including on SW, but someone/something is
continuing to feed the HD monster. If INiquity backed-out, IBOC would
die a sudden death. I'm in the DC area, and I believe that MyerEmco
has ten stores in DC - they were bought out, and the new company
decided to keep the MyerEmco nameplate. Funny, how many hits, or lack
thereof, MyerEmco gets on their website. In the long run, there is no
way the MyerEmco shell can compete with the likes of Best Buy and
Circuit City. They are a loser company, right JR? Yes, I wonder why
iNiquity's investors haven't stepped in and force Struble out -
Struble keeps losing money by beating this dead horse. Yea, how long
has this nonsense been going on - two to three years, with sales
figures that are pathetic. Hipporadio on Radio-Info's board, who is
connected to the broadcast industry and electonic sales, reports that
only 130,000 HD radios have been sold, which probably doesn't account
for returns, giveaways, and "trade" purchases. This has to be the
farce of the century, but look who/what is running the show. I guess
that a Harvard MBA buys a lot of spinmisting. This all will eventually
implode, and I hope that those responsible are prosecuted for fraud.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

"Hey, we are all entitled to our opinions. I would appreciate your
not having attacked me in your post on the google finance site.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to remove it if that is at all
possible. If I knew you or you knew me, or perhaps I had a done
something that deserved such a comment, that would be one thing. I am
sure you have your opinions on IBOC, and are entitled to those. You
are not entitled to an opinion of me when you do not know me."

Best Regards,
J. R. Stocks

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...rowse_thread/t...

I referred to Stocks as a loser on iNiquity's Google Finance site,
because MyerEmco was a loser that went out of business. Yea, a real
nice guy that should be considered a criminal, along with the rest of
iNiquity's employees, for this monopoly to take over our airways
through adjacent-channel interference! Maybe, he doen't realize that
since he has been in the news, he is considered a public figure, and
is legally open to criticism.

J. R. Stocks must be second rate if he wants to spar with people on
Goggle Newsgroups, etc. Pretty low class, but than again typical for
a second rate company with a second rate product like iBiquiity HD.
Especially with their questionable ethics. They have first-rate
spinmasters though. Just my opinion on all this though.

Also Interesting that feels the need to sound so
threatening. Who is that fellow anyway?

J. R., you’ve got your hands full convincing retail and manufacturing
partners to make and sell a blatantly defective product. I think you
should return to Ginsu knives and laundry detergent myself. But then
again just my opinion.

Let me know if I can help you with your new venture J. R. I’m always
available

jw- Hide quoted text -

Well, look who's selling these empty radios:

"Introducing HD Radio at MyerEmco"

http://www.myer-emco.com/hd_radio/

I love it. Major stores like Best Buy and Radio Shack can't sell
them. No-name companies like Radiosophy can't sell them. QVC and
Ford couldn't give them away. Now they've moved on to this Myer-Emco
that neither I or anybody else has heard of. I swear I remember them
years ago selling gimmicky products like radio-toaster combinations
and other junk that no one wanted.

Ibiquity HD radio investors must be pulling their hair out at this
nonsense. All the while, goofballs like this Bernie Sapienza spin
their BS about "this important time, when the growth in HD Radio
products at retail is increasing." This J. R. Stocks can't have much
[...]

I expect lots of "forward looking" announcements and new names to pop-
up with iBiquity but most insiders see the writing-on-the-wall and
will move on to other more lucrative things and HD radio is not
successful by any measure. They have eight people on their technical
staff and they don't get paid much. They are not supporting the AM
side, it's a technical quagmire with no solution and HD FM has stalled
with no signs of life beyond its current point. About the only thing
they can do now is go in circles till the money eventually dries
up.

But, it's typical to put a positive spin when you fill a position like
VP of Sales, etc. Looks like things are happening when reality shows
otherwise.

jw

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

successful by any measure. Â*They have eight people on their technical
staff and they don't get paid much. They are not supporting the AM
side, it's a technical quagmire with no solution and HD FM has stalled
with no signs of life beyond its current point. Â*About the only thing
they can do now is go in circles till the money eventually dries
up.

But, it's typical to put a positive spin when you fill a position like
VP of Sales, etc. Â*Looks like things are happening when reality shows
otherwise.

jw- Hide quoted text -

Our circle keeps wonder who is feeding iBiquity. Radio stocks are down
90%, Clear Channel is a bust (the HD Alliance took over the loser MSN
Direct from CC), CC is no longer investing in the future, the 10db
power increase for FM-HD, if approved, will require the replacement of
all hardware, which isn't going to happen. iBiquity must have eaten up
all of the initial investment money long ago, so what the hell is
going on? Where the hell are iNiquity's investors - has Struble been
able to spinmister his way so far, telling investors one lie after
another? Struble doen't seemed concerned that iNiquity hasn't been
profitable:

"IBiquity sees digital radio signaling changes to come"

"The company has yet to turn a profit and does not expect to do so in
2007 or 2008, Struble said... Mass marketing and consumer adoption is
the last hurdle, Struble said... Representatives of investment firms
that have spots on iBiquity's board of directors could not be reached
for comment, but Struble said they are excited about the progress the
company is making. The focus is not on exit strategies yet, he said."

http://tinyurl.com/3don5y

Interesting, that investment firms could not be reached for comment.
If the investors are excited about iNiquity's progress, then Struble
is definately lying his ass off. WTF?

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

No, Myer-Emco was not bought out- I ought to know- dont you think?
Old March 3rd 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 28, 10:03*pm, Rfburns wrote:
[...]

RF Burns - Keep-Up the Good Work )

Very Good as long as it has : IBOC -or- HD Radio -or- iBiquity
in the Subject-Line : I do not have a problem with any Post
about the iBiquity Digital Corporation's IBOC Broadcast
Scheme for AM/FM "HD" {Digital} Radio in the USA.

newsgroups they are about content ~ RHF

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

[...]

No, Myer-Emco was not bought out- I ought to know- dont you think?- Hide quoted text -

"Myer-Emco Inc. bought out by competitor"

May 8, 2007 5:48 PM (301 days ago) by Melissa Frederick, The Examiner
WASHINGTON (Map, News) - New York-based Harvey Electronics Inc. has
purchased local audio and video retailer and installer Myer-Emco Inc.
of Gaithersburg.

Myer-Emco began as a ham radio repair shop in a home in Silver Spring
in 1955, and grew to a chain of 10 stores in the D.C. area. Harvey has
nine locations in New York and New Jersey and has been in business for
75 years. Both specialize in high-end products and customized
installations, targeting wealthier markets.

"So many industry contacts have been coming up to me and saying, 'Gee,
this makes perfect sense,'" Myer-Emco President and Chief Operating
Officer Gary Yacoubain said Tuesday. "You couldn't find two more alike
companies."

Financial terms of the purchase were not disclosed. Yacoubain will
remain in his position at the combined company and Harvey will retain
the rest of the company's management team as well.

After the purchase, the stores will continue to operate under their
own names, and no branding will change, the executives said. Martin
McClanan, Harvey's interim chief executive officer, said the agreement
allows the company to continue to invest heavily in training their
workforce to make sure they have an educated sales team.

"We're not really trying to become a big box retailer; we want to be
the place you go if you are looking for a great quality product, or
for someone to actually do your installation," Yacoubain said.

http://www.examiner.com/a-717164~Mye...petitor.htm l

You stupid ****, JR - you don't even know your own business! LIER!
Now, go crawl back to your hole, and keep repairing all of thaose ham
radios! Loser! Just like everyone else, you'll never be able to sell
those empty HD radios! iBiquity scammed you, too! Stupid ****!