Old March 5th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RP2100 Antenna Hookup

On Mar 5, 1:13 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Redsun RP2100 and have been trying different antenna setups
to try to get reception here in S Korea. I have had a little success
but it hasn't been great. I am able to get reception on SW1 but SW2
and SW3 have virtually nothing when I listen at night. I have a
question about my RP2100. Recently I attached a longwire antenna to
the radio through the external jack on the back. There was no
noticeable improvement in reception for SW2 and SW3. But, when I
changed the switch on the side from external to internal and touched
the whip with my finger suddenly the longwire worked from 10000 -
30000. If I unplug the longwire from the external jack and continue
touching the whip the reception in gone. If I connect the longwire
directly to the whip, again the reception is great. This is all while
the switch is set to internal antenna. Is the external jack is
broken? Strangely, I have tried using a small Degen DE31 with the
external jack and the switch set to external and it seems to work(but
not on SW2 & SW3). My knowledge of antennas is low and perhaps I am
doing something wrong. I am using 20m of 50 ohm RG-58 coax lead.
Unfortunately I can't get the antenna any closer to my house and
shorten the coax. I am going to try grounding the antenna next.

On a side note, does anyone know where you can receive service for a
Redsun product? I have tried writing to many different email
addresses and have had no response.

Thanks for any help
Regards

Garth

Thanks for your helpful responses with so much information. I am
going to look at this when I get home tonight. Again, thanks a lot!

Garth

RP2100 Antenna Hookup RHF Shortwave 0 March 5th 08 08:04 AM
RP2100 Antenna Hookup [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 5th 08 07:39 AM
RP2100 Antenna Hookup Telamon Shortwave 0 March 5th 08 05:53 AM
CCRadio-SW = Redsun RP2100 with Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna Technology ? RHF Shortwave 11 April 30th 07 09:35 AM
Linear hookup? Fred Maxwell Equipment 1 January 29th 05 07:30 PM